10 hrs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 hrs

10 hrs

Do anyone know if our department will be goig to 10 hours shifts? Also I heard the Troopers are getting tasers, do you think we might get them, I feel this would be a great tool for those who work the violent area of there counties like Tampa, Olando, West Palm and Miami

I haven't heard anything about 10 hour shifts. I mentioned it in the past and it is always the same answer, NO, cause of personnel issues. As for the tasers. I hope we get them but knowing our agency they won't cause they are scared of any liability. I've heard FHP might go to them but nothing was set in stone.

Just heard from a FHP CIP friend that they got an email saying they are getting tasers. They are buying them from a federal grant and will be issuing them to the CIP, DUI units and permenant midnight shifts first. As they get more Tprs will be issued one.

Must be nice, maybe will will got one since we follow FHP's policies. :lol:

Just heard from a FHP CIP friend that they got an email saying they are getting tasers. They are buying them from a federal grant and will be issuing them to the CIP, DUI units and permenant midnight shifts first. As they get more Tprs will be issued one.

Must be nice, maybe will will got one since we follow FHP's policies. :lol:

Ten hour shifts? Yuck! Anyway, the Trprs are voting on permanent shifts, which I think is great for them, since they rotate every month. In addition, they are thinking about ten hour shifts. It may not happen. A lot of these guys don't like change.

Why do we need tasers? That's another item I have to maintain. My trunk is full, including my front passenger and back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselcop
    Ten hour shifts? Yuck! Anyway, the Trprs are voting on permanent shifts, which I think is great for them, since they rotate every month. In addition, they are thinking about ten hour shifts. It may not happen. A lot of these guys don't like change.

Why do we need tasers? That's another item I have to maintain. My trunk is full, including my front passenger and back seat.
    Ten hour shifts would be better. It would allow you to have 3 days off. It would also allow you to work the 5th day as OT and still have 2 days off with your family. As per DAD (Col David A. Dees) if we work 5 hours OT, thats like a 20% per raise.

I realize that a taser is not going to help you weigh trucks or get overdimensional cases, but I would take the taser if help me get home at night.

I could sit here and type a book but I will not take the time. Some us have to work these rotating 8 hour shifts, which with the 5 hours OT, that means I work a 9 hour shift, 5 days per week.

Posted: 07/21/08 21:14:29 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must be nice, maybe will will got one since we follow FHP's policies.
    Have heard the exact same thing. Would be all for ten hour shifts since thats what I work anyway. The 5th day is all overtime if I work it. As far as the taser goes I would not mind it, I think it would serve it's purpose.

I'd rather have a 20% raise than work OT any day.

I'd rather have a 20% raise than work OT any day.

All you have to do is work an extra five hours a week and a 20% raise is yours.. HAHA...

Wait until you come up on your tenth hour, then you get the call for a post crash. Makes for a looooooong day. Eights for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast