Zone Assignments and Seniority

Zone Assignments and Seniority

Should this be taken into consideration on the preparation of daily rosters? If you been here for awhile, one should be given the respect to work were they want, as long as they produce?

I say yes and no. Yes if the zone you want is open, seniority should count towards something. No if it means moving someone out of his/her regularly assigned zone just because you are not happy where you are (unless they want to move). Makes sense to me- Do you want to upset your zone/shift partners?

1-800-Wahhh-F*cking-Wahhhh

Another Rookie crying that they don't like their zone? Wahhhhhh!!!!! :cry:

Letting a guy work the same zone is beneficial for the department and county. He gets to know the players, the hot spots, and becomes extrememly familiar with the nuances of the zone. That all takes time and is conducive to great police work. Shifting deputies around at some new Sgts whim is a waste of resources, and just plain stupid.

yes, because we all know having a lower ID automatically makes them a more proficient harder worker....

when it comes to zone assignments, you can never make everyone happy.

and there are way too many factors to take into account when deciding zone assignments to make a set in stone policy.

Just deal with it.

Re: Zone Assignments and Seniority

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Should this be taken into consideration on the preparation of daily rosters? If you been here for awhile, one should be given the respect to work were they want, as long as they produce?
    Amen, i agree!!!

Re: Zone Assignments and Seniority

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

You mention and I quote, "as long as they produce." What do you consider production? Someone that does a 10-50 and gets a 57 arrest and then spends the next 2 - 3 hours on the arrest? While everyone else is covering that zone. I that production?