Not 1, But 2 Cowboy Hats! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Not 1, But 2 Cowboy Hats!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    OMG, enough about the hats already. I am not here to give the same old arguement about wear or don't wear it. That salution should be self explanitory. What happened to having enough guts to be who you are ? All of us have caught crap about who we work for and what we are wearing or have wore in the past. I remeber when the FMP changed the state seal on the badge to the state and anchore. Everyone thought that was the begining of the end. IT BECAME A BADGE OF HONOR. It identified us. These hats are going to identify us, sure they are not what everybody wanted,change does suck. I am used to it. We wanted to be recognized,we are now. Think about the first guy who put the old GFC patch on and went to work. Do you think he didn't catch any crap, bet he did. Before that patch was gone,everyone in the state knew what he was and respected it. The same goes for us that was in the FMP. The officers before us, reached down and found a set and made it known who they were. That is what lies ahead of us. I dont like the hat,but I do like the idea that when someone see's it, they are going to know who I am and what I do. It is up to us to get the respect. If we do our jobs, it wont take long. LooK at FHP, they wear a fruit for a law enforcement patch(not picking on you guys). They get the respect because everyone knows what that orange on thear sleeve is all about. Everyone confuses us with dog catchers and park rangers and so on. because our uniforms look simular. put that hat on and they are going to know the difference. I know what everone is saying, all the other agencies are laughing at us. Be honost,how many of you have been pulled aside and asked how to get on, you guys have the greatest job in the world. Or, I tried to get on ,but couldn,t pass the P.T. or the entrance exams. Most of the off color comments are no more then jelousy. We are Law Enforcement Officers.We are suspossed to be confident. If you are, then it don't matter what you are wearing. I will step off the soap box now. let they critisizm of the spelling begin
    Well said brother! I'm old FMP, and agree 100% that identity is what you make of it. I think the hat is an excellent start toward FWC officers being immediately identified by all Floridians. But, it will take time.
    We could also try out a skunkape costume or maybe a pirate's eye patch. The hat is rediculous and does makes its harder to garner respect. Even Tallahasse has realised this and are now taking the hats in to have them trimmed down because they look so huge. We do have the best job in all of law enforcement most that leave have found it impossible to afford to stay. That said, our image is getting ruined by trying to look like cowboys from a different era and state. If you want respect you have to look like you belong there in the first place. Level 1 threat matrix, looking like Barney Fife won't get it.
    Dear Barney,

Face it. You and the other "hat whiners" just dont have enough testosterone to pull off wearing a western hat. Some people look stupid no matter whats on their head.

Tell Goober and Gomer I said hello.

Quote Originally Posted by marlboro man
    OMG, enough about the hats already. I am not here to give the same old arguement about wear or don't wear it. That salution should be self explanitory. What happened to having enough guts to be who you are ? All of us have caught crap about who we work for and what we are wearing or have wore in the past. I remeber when the FMP changed the state seal on the badge to the state and anchore. Everyone thought that was the begining of the end. IT BECAME A BADGE OF HONOR. It identified us. These hats are going to identify us, sure they are not what everybody wanted,change does suck. I am used to it. We wanted to be recognized,we are now. Think about the first guy who put the old GFC patch on and went to work. Do you think he didn't catch any crap, bet he did. Before that patch was gone,everyone in the state knew what he was and respected it. The same goes for us that was in the FMP. The officers before us, reached down and found a set and made it known who they were. That is what lies ahead of us. I dont like the hat,but I do like the idea that when someone see's it, they are going to know who I am and what I do. It is up to us to get the respect. If we do our jobs, it wont take long. LooK at FHP, they wear a fruit for a law enforcement patch(not picking on you guys). They get the respect because everyone knows what that orange on thear sleeve is all about. Everyone confuses us with dog catchers and park rangers and so on. because our uniforms look simular. put that hat on and they are going to know the difference. I know what everone is saying, all the other agencies are laughing at us. Be honost,how many of you have been pulled aside and asked how to get on, you guys have the greatest job in the world. Or, I tried to get on ,but couldn,t pass the P.T. or the entrance exams. Most of the off color comments are no more then jelousy. We are Law Enforcement Officers.We are suspossed to be confident. If you are, then it don't matter what you are wearing. I will step off the soap box now. let they critisizm of the spelling begin
    Well said brother! I'm old FMP, and agree 100% that identity is what you make of it. I think the hat is an excellent start toward FWC officers being immediately identified by all Floridians. But, it will take time.
    We could also try out a skunkape costume or maybe a pirate's eye patch. The hat is rediculous and does makes its harder to garner respect. Even Tallahasse has realised this and are now taking the hats in to have them trimmed down because they look so huge. We do have the best job in all of law enforcement most that leave have found it impossible to afford to stay. That said, our image is getting ruined by trying to look like cowboys from a different era and state. If you want respect you have to look like you belong there in the first place. Level 1 threat matrix, looking like Barney Fife won't get it.
    Dear Barney,

Face it. You and the other "hat whiners" just dont have enough testosterone to pull off wearing a western hat. Some people look stupid no matter whats on their head.

Tell Goober and Gomer I said hello.
    Everyone looks DUMD in a cowboy hat. There was a small fad in the late 90's after 8 seconds came out where they made a small appearnce, but like the wide bottom jeans they to went away.

I saw the a few FWC officers in full dress uniforms the other day with those hats on. Wow, that is sad! That is the worst looking hat I have ever seen in Law Enforcement. We all could not believe it. Who in the hecks idea was that? Oh well, I have a campaign cover and I am happy. Stay safe...............

Those in the head shed have heard enough from the field and other places to now know what a mistake that stupid hat was. Now they have decided to spend even more money that could have been better spent to have the hats custom altered. We were asked to turn ours in to have the sombrero-like brim trimmed to a more reasonable size. With the money wasted on a hat we may only wear a cfew times in our career we could have bought new tactical boots for all of the officers.

Would fit right in in Texas, but guess what--we're not in TEXAS!!

Not sure what all the fuss is about the hat, I like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Back Mountain
    Them pretty miami vice boys down south with the slick hair look good in them cowboy hats.
    I think it is awesome they included a coke mirror in my hat box. Now all I need is a straw, I'd use a $20 but the baby needs milk.

Member LEO Affairs Detective

I like it because it makes me look tall, like modern day Gary cooper

Quote Originally Posted by dwaldo
    I like it because it makes me look tall, like modern day Gary cooper
    ARE YOU JOHN WAYNE, IS THIS ME????

Member LEO Affairs Detective

The Duke Is an American Icon and person worth emulating!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456