ABOLISHING FHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ABOLISHING FHP

ABOLISHING FHP

2009 will be a tough year, but a possibly a good year for the Florida Sheriffs Association and state legislation. They will have another try at abolishing FHP. The Sheriffs Association would get the proper funding to replace the few troopers that are left and put more deputy's on the road and highways.

Re: ABOLISHING FHP

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    2009 will be a tough year, but a possibly a good year for the Florida Sheriffs Association and state legislation. They will have another try at abolishing FHP. The Sheriffs Association would get the proper funding to replace the few troopers that are left and put more deputy's on the road and highways.
    plus morale is low

Im starting to think it may be a good idea.

my question is if this happens when do you think they will actually disband FHP?

my question is if this happens when do you think they will actually disband FHP?
    As long as the state can hire new guys and keep them for 3-4 years, their will be an FHP. We generate too much money for them to abolish us. I can see them restricting us to state roads only. We are down to critical staffing levels now.

Quote Originally Posted by tanandblack
    As long as the state can hire new guys and keep them for 3-4 years, their will be an FHP. We generate too much money for them to abolish us. I can see them restricting us to state roads only. We are down to critical staffing levels now.

right but the Florida Sheriffs are so powerful, who is there to stop them?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't have a problem with your theory but, if you think the legislators will give the counties the money that is being spent on FHP your nuts.
    That money will be soaked back into General Rev. :cry:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't have a problem with your theory but, if you think the legislators will give the counties the money that is being spent on FHP your nuts.
    That money will be soaked back into General Rev. :cry:

It's not going to happen until the Sheriff's can find somebody to take the accident reports. They want the authority, the funding, but not the work.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast