New Vehicle graphics - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don't care about all that! Just please tell me we can all go back to the "Infamous Ranger Academy" ops:

Aunt Sally, is that you?!?!?

I have to wonder about the people that thought putting call 1-866-PARK COP would be a good idea? I mean, first of all it does say PARK COP when we do so much more than just patrol parks, I myself have been involved in multiple mutual aid type incidents. We have the equipment and the ability to help out in some very rough terrain. The local agencies now know who we are and that we are just a phone call away if they should need our resources. And secondly...that is an awfully LOOOOOONG number to be putting on a vehicle, why couldn't we be like most other agencies and put a * number (*347 for example since that goes to our comm centers). Keep it simple.

What about the "focus" groups that are supposed to be giving input on all these changes, where were they in all this? Or are the "focus" groups just all a bunch of "yes men" hand picked so there would be no waves??? I have faith that a little brainstorming could have come up with a better solution than 1-866 PARK COP.

Dep Dawg,
    making derogatory comments about your state park enforcement agency will not help you acquire a position on the focus committee. Are you the type that got picked last for dodgeball in school????

It's called pride and many don't have it anymore! Most SLEO's don't care about anything except "me" anymore and that sir is your answer. Ask yourself, why did you apply to DEP?

Listen, I havent been with this agency for too long and I was with an SO before, but this agency has more equipment and more freedom than any agency I know. They dont give us a hard time about where we patrol, they dont limit out jurisdiction, we have more "toys" than we know what to do with, we have a good time at work, and yet people ***** about the dumbest stuff.

If they put a sticker on the back of my 2007 expedition or on my boat, who cares. It WONT help me do my job, or the image of the agency, and no one will use the number, but if that is what tallahassee is concerned about...that we are known as park cops... then what can we do? i take a lot of pride in this agency and being labeled as a lowly park cop is not going to change that.

How do you know that no one will use the hotlines we provide? Have you seen any statistics to prove that?

people may use #DEP for an environmental crime if they know about it, but why would they use parkcop? WHEN would they use park cop? If they are in a park and need LE assistance they will call the local agency or 911. Our agency is a proactive agency, but not really a call for service agency. If someone's car get burglarized in a state park, they will call 911. If there are drunk people disturbing others, theyll tell a park ranger or contact local LE. Its just the way it works.

Not only that, but if i need LE, i wouldnt even call park cop. It just doesn't sound right. If I need an officer, I dont want it to be a "park cop". I want it to be a full fledged police officer.

Have I seen "statistics" about the potential use of a 1-800-parkcop hotline? There is no one out there doing a statistical survey regarding the use of the parkcop hotline. In America, when you need LE assitance, you dial 911. NOT 1-800-PARK-COP. It is common sense. Also, I would advise this agency to stay away from a call/respond type set-up. If someone did call parkcop, it may take hours for a DEP officer to get there, thereby making our agency look like crap. Our bread and butter is pro-active patrol and being seen... NOT responding to calls. If we are there, we can take the call, but if someones car got backed into, then call the locals and dont wait 3 hours for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Have I seen "statistics" about the potential use of a 1-800-parkcop hotline? There is no one out there doing a statistical survey regarding the use of the parkcop hotline.
    1-800-PARKCOP is a live number.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast