Certified Cross-Over academy (9-week deal)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Certified Cross-Over academy (9-week deal)

What's the story on this..Are you a grunt in the academy and treated like a puke like the rest of the "newbies"... or are you treated pretty decent like the "cops" that we are?

Also, what's the PT like?? Are they out busting it till you die, or just go thru the motions and get it over with?? Being 10 years since I was in the academy, pounding a 5-mile run isn't the first thing to do on my list...LOL

THanks ya'll

BE SAFE!!

Re: Certified Cross-Over academy (9-week deal)

Quote Originally Posted by dan1065cf
    What's the story on this..Are you a grunt in the academy and treated like a puke like the rest of the "newbies"... or are you treated pretty decent like the "cops" that we are?

Also, what's the PT like?? Are they out busting it till you die, or just go thru the motions and get it over with?? Being 10 years since I was in the academy, pounding a 5-mile run isn't the first thing to do on my list...LOL

THanks ya'll

BE SAFE!!
    Your are treated as just another FNG...

Certified does not equal a cop. Some of the certified people need to learn that when they go to the academy and get the chip off their shoulder.

2nd guest...your right.. but.. in this case.. It's the cop deal, not just someone floatin on his cert of completion..

Yippie...FNG status... I just CANT wait.. :roll:

When is the crossover going to start ???

How many in the class ???

Quote Originally Posted by dan1065cf
    2nd guest...your right.. but.. in this case.. It's the cop deal, not just someone floatin on his cert of completion..

Yippie...FNG status... I just CANT wait.. :roll:
    You know the drill...yelling and screaming, do things a certain way. Don't take it personal and then at the end everyone loves each other.

then wait a couple months to see who gets fired first!

Why in the heck does it take 9 weeks to learn how to write/type a ticket and crash report???? Give me a break!!!!

I bet 75% of these cross-over guys have more LEO experience than those teaching at the academy. More money wasted on troopers who will never stay with FHP for more than 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Why in the heck does it take 9 weeks to learn how to write/type a ticket and crash report???? Give me a break!!!!

I bet 75% of these cross-over guys have more LEO experience than those teaching at the academy. More money wasted on troopers who will never stay with FHP for more than 3 years.
    You have to learn FHP policy and procedures. More to this job than stroking a ticket and filling out a crash report.

Can't all this cross over stuff and policy crap be learned in FTO? What makes FHP any different that any other LEO agency?

When I got certified in Florida, the three of us sitting in the back of the room had over 70 yrs experience between us. Also if they would have decided to have PT each day, the instructor would have been out there running by himself. Call us old but we each survived over twenty years of street work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast