Can someone find out who I am by ISP - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by You guys are too funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Thank you MOD1, i am the one that wrote the set up post, its smells, your right, that person should email you. I bet its our 4th floor trying. They are trying so hard its getting funny. They have actually asked around.
    The best part about this site is comic relief. Like the people on the fourth floor spend their day trying to find out what some little fart wrote on a gossip board. Some of you people really need professional help. If only you were as important as you think.
    You see the 4th floor writes on here, if you really new, you would know the ongoing things they do, like trying to find our ISP. It is going on, it came out of the mouth of someone who works their. So go back to your office and keep trying to fill the holes of your sinking ship.

If they were so worried about what you say about them they would not have blocked the site from our computers. At the end of the day T$ and the DC don't care one bit about what you think of them they only care about the public's perception and their job performance record as calculated statistically. When either one of them moves on to their next job all they have to show is how much crime dropped or how they reduced shootings or controlls(liability) etc... Sorry to break it to you but your opinions don't keep them up at night. If T$ cared so much about not offending people don't you think he would actually answer back when you say hello to him?

dont hide

Yes, its monitored and they know everyone who is writing trash. Ask around 36 street.

Don't buy into anyone's trash talk. This Lt. has no idea what he is talking about. And, you can tell him I said that.

welcome aboard

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

Re: dont hide

Quote Originally Posted by big brother
    Yes, its monitored and they know everyone who is writing trash. Ask around 36 street.
    I didn't think I had to, but I guess I will copy and past this here:

I want to put to rest the rumors of a certain lieutenant claiming to have the ability to get into LEOAFFAIRS.COM and retrieve IP addresses of posters. Quite simply, this claim is FALSE and it’s a good thing because such unauthorized access would constitute a FELONY under Florida State Statute 815.06. To back up our claims LEOAFFAIRS.COM maintains Security Logs that verify there have been No Breaches of Our System. Quite frankly, the security we have enabled is excellent! In fact, Moderators don’t even have access to IP addresses.

To date LEOAFFAIRS.COM has NEVER released any IP addresses to the Miami Police Department or any other law enforcement agency, PERIOD! Since we’ve been online for over 6 ½ years, we’re very proud of that fact. If there was a legal reason for the Miami PD or any other law enforcement agency to need or want an IP address, there is a legal procedure that they MUST follow. It would then be up to the Court System to decide if LEOAFFAIRS.COM is required to turn the IP addresses over. Although we have not had many requests for IP addresses in the past, LEOAFFAIRS.COM has won ALL legal challenges for IP addresses. It’s no secret that we even took a case to the 2nd District Court of Appeals (directly under the Florida Supreme Court) and WON, thus now being protected by the resulting case law.

In closing I ask you; if this lieutenant really had the illegal access he claims to, do you think he would be telling everyone about it? Claims by someone in a management or staff level position to have access to LEOAFFAIRS.COM IP addresses is nothing new and has been going on in one form or another for years. They want to intimidate you into not posting on this site by poisoning the well with bad information. They fail to recognize that you are law enforcement officers with investigative instincts and underestimate your ability to sniff out the truth.

You are free to post on this site with anonymity when the need arises, all the while knowing that your identity is being protected. In return, just please post within our Terms of Use.

Thanks for your support!

Mod 1 and Sysop
    Again, the only way they will know who you are, is:

If you post identifying information.

You admit to what you posted.

You post from a work computer or network.

Thanks,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    Is this still Leo affairs policy. Can you still make this claim about never releasing an IP address? Rumors are floating around my agency about it being easy for them to obtain the IP address.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is this still Leo affairs policy. Can you still make this claim about never releasing an IP address? Rumors are floating around my agency about it being easy for them to obtain the IP address.
    I am watching this from the outside, and I would have to speculate that the purpose of this site (free speech) is working and that some from within the departments are scared that you have the power (through this site) to speak openly to a large audience.

Those corrupt insiders are trying to "chill" you by spreading rumors that they know who you are. That is how corrupt people work. They are scared and insecure, and they want to touch on your insecurities. I saw this kind of thing in grade school.

I am fairly confident that the sponsors of this site know that their site would go down the drain if they did not protect the posters who use this site within the terms of service. Obviously, if you are at home, only the parties associated with this site can see your IP address. I trust that they will protect you to the extent they can. If you do not trust that the sponsors can protect you, there are various sites that you can use to mask your IP address.

Don't let any insiders deter you from speaking your mind. There are many more of you who want to speak openly than there are of those that always want you to run scared.

Unregistered
    Yes, most by not legal means. Their software and spy bots. That can be used to not only I.D your I.P. address but everything you type on a computer. I heard, yet never saw anything about it. One P.D. up north installing software. On city computers so they can see everything you do. Cause many were using computers and city time to play around or whatever. Honestly if it is city property, nothing you can do about it. So keep that in mind when you start to get a little crazy with your comments. If your using city property. Like those laptops. It's possible. No warrant is required for the city to install software
    on their own property. Just like the camera in cars. It's their for city use. It's city property. Just like these body camera's. I know a few people out west that got upset over having to wear them. Like they couldn't be trusted. They were told it's now department policy. If you don't want to wear them quit. Most of this job is common scene. Which sometimes we all lack.
    Honestly, if WE all had to each and evert time we posted something on this site. Had to you are real names or create a user I.D. that can be track back to you. Most would never post on here.

Unregistered

Cool Buy a used tablet or lap top cash, and post from wifi spots, for total secrecy

Quote Originally Posted by ;1283114
    Well theres always MAC adresses but I wont get into that. But hey if your really paranoid, use someone elses computer(buy it on ebay) and someone elses ISP like starbucks or drive up to your local apartment complex and wifi away!! They can subpoena all they want woohoo! They blocked this site from our work computers so you don't have to worry about that! But there are hundreds of proxy sites like http://www.roadtoroman.net/
    that will let you get around firewalls and the subpoena would come back to there ip address not yours... So have fun kiddos.

:?:
    My partner and I post controversial stuff on here ALL the time !
    I bought my tablet used , and refurbished , from a computer store in Fort Lauderdale ( cash ) no names, or any identifiable info, was exchanged when I bought it , no credit card etc.

We post from various wifi spots around town, McDonalds, Denny's , etc. I got this tablet , just for the purpose of coming on here , to reveal, the corruption, and lies of Friends and Family, and staff . There is absolutely NO WAY in hell, that anyone can find out who we are, it's that simple ! So good luck 4th floor, your totally wasting your time LOL

Guys, take note what I did, and do the same. Get a good used lap top, or tablet from a pawn shop , or computer repair place. They sell for less than $100 bucks generally, then always post from a wifi spot around town. Not even the CIA could find out who you are ! Protect your first amendment rights, and post away. This my brothers is the way to do it. Happy posting, and screw you 4th floor, LOL

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast