JOB COMPARISON - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JOB COMPARISON

Still want to work for the state??

Applicant2, check out and consider the following before you decide on working for the state.

Job Overview General Managers

Company:
    Hardees

Base Pay:
    $35,000 - $50,000 /Year

Req'd Education:
    High School

Req'd Experience:
    At least 4 year(s)

Req'd Travel:
    Negligible

Relocation Covered:
    Yes

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/ ... K468GDTPNC

RESTAURANT MANAGER

Company:
    Gecko Hospitality

Salary/Wage:
    $38,000 - $55,000 /Year

Relevant Work Experience:
    At least 2 year(s)

Career Level:
    High School

Education Level:
    High School

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/ ... D35TBFW4RR

Red Robin Restaurant General Manager

Salary/Wage:
    $40,000 - $70,000 /Year

Full-Time Employee

Job Type:
    Restaurant - Food Service

Job Industry:
    Food
    Restaurant

Work Experience:
    At least 1 year(s)

Manages Others:
    Yes

Education Level:
    Not Specified

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/ ... 8MCYWG8H71

Funny, but sad.

Re: JOB COMPARISON

which would be the best agency to work for? i want to stay busy.

Quote Originally Posted by GUEST 99

Dude, it's up to you to find the best. Start reading ALL the posts and you will find that its difficult.

Looks like that FDLE did lose their on-call pay. Therefore, if the SAC gets the call, he/she has to pick someone to take the case. In addition, they are suppose to lose 50 positions. Now, I do not know if these are vacant or filled positions. Possible layoffs in the future. Also, did anyone here that FHP will not get their 5% raise. Heard that the Governor vetoed the bill. I do not know about you guys, but it will get worse next year. Good luck to you job hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by GUEST 99

Other states try to take care of their SLEOs. I remember a few years ago when the West Virginia State Police got a 15-20 percent raise and the Governor said he was upset that they only got that much.

About two years ago, the Superintendant of the New York State Police asked the Governor for 100 new Trooper Positions. The new positions were going to be used soley for the investigation of gun crimes, and they were going to be working closely with the federal ATF. The NYSP Superintendant said that the new positions would entail alot of travel throughout the country. The Governor waived his magic wand and *poof*.....they got all 100 positions. And of course, a five year NY Trooper makes $77,000.

Five or six years ago, the Louisiana State Police was second or third from the bottom in terms of pay. In one year, they went from the bottom of the pay scale to fourth or fifth from the top.

The California Highway Patrol has over 8,000 officers. The populaiton of California is 36 million. Their population is double the state of Florida, but their highway patrol is six times larger than ours. Even if we added all of our SLEOs to the mix, their HP alone would still have 5,000 more officers than us.

Meanwhile, the State of Florida appears to get pleasure from hosing it's cops. Do you think for one minute that any of our government officials would take the time to write to the media and tell them about all of our problems? Don't hold your breath.

I hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12