Police Officers' Bill of Rights - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: rights

[quote=George Strait][quote="guest SPD":322w8dgv][quote="guest 101":322w8dgv]
    Quote Originally Posted by "guest 1094":322w8dgv
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I started this thread and believe it has spiraled into attacks on members of this agency and the department itself.

The intent of this thread is to educate uninformed employees of certain rights they are entitled to as a police officer under Florida Law.

For example:
    - the right to representation during an internal affair investigation
    - the right to review evidence prior to giving a statement
    - the Garrity Warning

I have had the occasion to be a witness and subject of internal affairs and administrative reviews at this agency and can testify to the fact that the department will honor the Bill of Rights provided you request them.

In my opinion the Bill of Rights is in place to protect innocently accused officers. If an officer is guilty of a policy / criminal violation then Bill of Rights or not they should receive the appropriate administrative action. If an officer is wrongly accused I believe the Bill of Rights can be a tool to assist the officer to exonerate them.

I do understand and respect different opinions but hope that as a result of this post officers are better informed of their rights.[/quote

Well there is are two ways in this world. The way it should be,,, and the way it is. You better learn that. Its written down, not set in stone.
    The old crew is coming back. This place will be back to being the best Law Enforcement agency in the country. Chief Will knows how it was and what it is, we will have the best. Stand by.

Thats right,, I agree, Chief knows his role, he hasnt changed one bit, He cared about our families 5 years ago, and he cares now, He has sent out more emails showing his gratitude for our dedication than anyone else and concern for our families than anyone else. Hats off to Chief Latchford. Im proud to have him as our Chief and our leader. Things are getting better already.[/quote:322w8dgv]

Are you a country music fan?

I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona
    From my front porch you can see the sea
    I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona
    If you'll buy that I'll throw the Golden Gate in free[/quote:322w8dgv][/quote:322w8dgv]

Hell why doesn't Will just apply for the top job of them all...the white house, why does he settle for being the chief alligator wrestler in FLA?

I'm sorry to say I think you are right
    This bill of rights does not apply to this department.
    You are wrong and your thought process fuels this major misconception by members of this department. The Police Officers Bill of Rights is Florida State Statue. The Tribe has agreed to follow Florida Law and we are certified Law Enforcement Officers.
    Educate yourself and protect yourself, It’s the only thing you can do without a Union.
    Tell me how that goes when you decide to sue them for violating your rights. The only recourse you have is to sue, and you cannot successfully sue the tribe. My thought process is correct, and I hope you do not have to figure that out on your own.

You are wrong and your thought process fuels this major misconception by members of this department. The Police Officers Bill of Rights is Florida State Statue. The Tribe has agreed to follow Florida Law and we are certified Law Enforcement Officers.
    Educate yourself and protect yourself, It’s the only thing you can do without a Union.
    Tell me how that goes when you decide to sue them for violating your rights. The only recourse you have is to sue, and you cannot successfully sue the tribe. My thought process is correct, and I hope you do not have to figure that out on your own.
    Seminole Police Department, Bill of Rights or is it WILL OF RIGHTS

Yes

+1. this is very interesting

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Seminole Police Department, Bill of Rights or is it WILL OF RIGHTS
    The Fl. bill of rights stands with this dept. the chief (who ever that may be) is responsible. He has to answer to FDLE and the FBI when he violates your rights. He has no idea.

Re: Police Officers' Bill of Rights

The only rights around here are 'Indian Rights' which are never ending. White people have no rights

Re: Police Officers' Bill of Rights

Bill of Rights for the White man? LOL!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234