Raising Money for Mike Narganes' medicine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Raising Money for Mike Narganes' medicine

From what I understand, neither the trust nor the city is going to pay for his meds. I think our HOA should have one of those great Domino contest and raise money like we have done in the past. Maybe the other associations will get involved. Mike helped so many of us when we were in a jam involving 17's. If the GOOUCH reads this, think about it, maybe someone from the FOP, Someone. We have helped so many in the past; I think we can help someone we all care for so much. Does anyone know if POAT could get involved? From what I was told, He meds for the next couple of months will be 400 to 500 a month. Just a thought.

Maybe a world famous Bert Motorcycle ride, or a free night with Celso Perez. That will raise money. We love you mike.

I think that's a great idea,132. We can set up a ride,when I come back from N.C. and raise some funds?

I believe that the H.O.A. and F.O.P. can also do a domino tournament,dont worry,GOLD medal winners ,Willie and I, wont compete,haha and get our brother some meds.

Guys,with all the money we spend at Hooters and other fine establishments,surely we can give to Mikey???
    I will provide the first Benjamin,who will join us?

For the good rooks in dept. who dont know Mike,kids,let me share a quick story;
    When my mother passed on April 08, 2002,after calling Milton,family and helping the Metro cop,I called Mike.
    As you can imagine,I was heart broken and lost,{never responsible for buring a loved one} and Mike said,"Gordo,call this no# and it will all be resolved"!
    Mike,I have never forgoten your LOVE and will never let you down!
    Guys,that's what cops do. We love each other as FAMILY!
    Lets be there for him now, please?
    Bert

Papa, thats not the issue, Go to the other post. For now, its about mike, and how we can help him ou.

Re: Raising Money for Mike Narganes' medicine

Quote Originally Posted by BLE 132
    From what I understand, neither the trust nor the city is going to pay for his meds. I think our HOA should have one of those great Domino contest and raise money like we have done in the past. Maybe the other associations will get involved. Mike helped so many of us when we were in a jam involving 17's. If the GOOUCH reads this, think about it, maybe someone from the FOP, Someone. We have helped so many in the past; I think we can help someone we all care for so much. Does anyone know if POAT could get involved? From what I was told, He meds for the next couple of months will be 400 to 500 a month. Just a thought.
    Domino/ Poker sounds like a plan. Lets help a fellow brother

When I started down this thread I saw what being a cop used to be. Then about 5 post in I find some jerk spewing his biased opinion about one of the cops mentioned. His foul mouth diatribe made me sick. Keep the real goal in sight and stop being a “rookie eating cookies.” There is a brother in need. Don’t loose focus.

Contact LT. Roque, he sets these things up.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD 422
    When I started down this thread I saw what being a cop used to be. Then about 5 post in I find some jerk spewing his biased opinion about one of the cops mentioned. His foul mouth diatribe made me sick. Keep the real goal in sight and stop being a “rookie eating cookies.” There is a brother in need. Don’t loose focus.
    MOD 422,

I apologize for the actions of some of the posters on here. We're here in Miami PD are not all like that. When Mikey and I started on this department, some of these young officers were still taking their juice from a sippy-cup on mommy's lap.

Many young guys here don't really know Mike. Mikey Narganes was one of the best traffic homicide detectives in this department and a great friend. There are a few guys here who owe their careers to Mike for the fine work he did as an FOP and HOA union rep.

And, Mikey is also a brother (he knows what I mean). Having a wife with heart problems, just the co-pays on these cardiac meds is expensive. But unless he takes them, his operation is wasted. A domino tournament, bike ride, cookout or something to collect money for meds is a great idea. For those of us who just want to donate, please let us know where to send the money and its done.

Terry nARGANE

Just another idea, maybe open an account where we can donate, a flyer to post, and maybe the ideas of the events will help out.

Sorry, I meant to write Terry Naraganes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast