Any note worthy news going on in the Department?

Any note worthy news going on in the Department?

Only factual info no rumours! Lets post up.

FACTS,RULES,EQUIPMENT

it's time to get equipment for the FAU police. Get them the training so they all can carry the X26 Taser.

train them in most recent court cases so they can conduct investigations legally and help get convictions when needed.

get the pba up to speed so the employees can get a decent contract and protection.

And you got a nice attaboy from a deputy who's kid plays for Howard's OWLS!!!!!! yeah go FAU...10 and 2 and a BCS BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets get it started

The word on the street is, the PD is getting the tasers deployed asap. I guess the Chief does not want to get hung out to dry by the wonderful media. Funny, he moves quick when he gets bad press! Looks like the FAU PD needs a little more note worthy articles written about them, that seems to get them moving.

As far as their working conditions are concerned, the bargaining unit is partly to blame along with the lack of concern from the top brass. The Chief probably does'nt have a clue about whats in the contract! hell his own Deputy Chief does'nt follow their GO's either. So when you have the blind leading the blind look what you have.

I hope they can get it together some day. They seem to still be a revolving door for their Admin people also. This Chief seems to have made it to the 1 year mark. What a shocker!!

Welcome

As a former employee of FAU, I can tell you a few things about the agency.

#1. DO NOT trust your Deputy Chief. I have known him for over 30 years personally and professionally, and his a two faced, self absorbed, "all about me person". I can't stress that enough. DO NOT trust him. Have I said don't trust him?

#2. All state university P.D.s are a very political agency. Even more so than a city or county agency. All actions are usually done after a serious incident happens. Only with the approval of the administration.

#3. We as Florida law enforcement officers will never get the pay that we so deserve. I have done this for 20 years and it will never happen.

#4 The PBA is a usless bargaining unit. They can't even provide the proper representation when you go into an IA. The only reason I have them is for the legal representation, plus their dues are tax deductible.

Keep up the great work at FAU and keep the faith!

I didn't know this to be the "slam the DC" thread. I too know him and am not about to allow this bashing to go on without sharing my impression of him. Professionally, I think the DC is a great administrator and personally, I find him to be friendly and approchable. We all have the right to our opinions, obviously you feel differently about the DC than me.
    I don't know what he did to make so many people angry, but the person they are describing bears NO resemblance the DC I know and respect.

The Chief

Seems like he does not know what is really going on.

Is is time for another one to come in or are we stuck with this one for a while.

Re: Any note worthy news going on in the Department?

nope