How come this made the paper? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I got a lot of different reactions," he said. "Most people said 'we really don't care what you do'

The best part of that is that it is completely true. He used to tell everyone who would listen that he was going to law school and everyone was like, "yeah, big f***ing deal - we don't care".

edited by mod 461 to comply with terms of use

it's all part of a coverup. what happened to all of the civic leaders who were going to march to city hall when he used the "n" word in while on duty speaking to other cops?

they are all full of crap.

Holy crap... I havn't been on here in a long time but was told to go on and read this. Well worth my time! That article is hilarious!

word is that our fav capt is going to be reassigned to admin.

please, please, please, please, please.....

I dont work for Pines and I dont know this guy but that story was hilarious.

does he always take extended vacations when the heat turns up?

Think about this. If DR was the horrible leader and person that you all say that he is, don't you think that he would have been removed from patrol by now? The fact that the command staff has left him right where he is shows that he is actually doing a good job. If all of this talk about how inept he is or all of this garbage about all the skeletons in his closet were true, there is no way that he would left in command of so many people. He is obviously doing something right.

How about if all of you whiners get off of the mans back and let him lead. You don't have to like him, but he didn't get to the spot he is in AND KEEP IT for no reason. Think about it, he has been in charge of the most amount of people longer than anyone else with a Captains rank. If the command staff has faith in him, then we need to as well. Quit acting like you are in kindergarten - you are supposed to be professionals.

The day that he is yanked (NOT rotated) from his position as being in command of the most amount of officers, then I will believe that he in incapable of leading so many people. Until then, shut up and do your jobs.

"Think about it, he has been in charge of the most amount of people longer than anyone else with a Captains rank."

He's also the only one that's had his probation extended every step of the way. Who decides to extend probation for a Sergeant, Lt., or Captain? The very same people you claim believe he's a "good leader".
    Some people, you can look at and just know they'll never be a leader.
    Others who you thought would be good leaders, turn to scumbags once that rank is slapped on that shoulder.
    DR is one of those that will never be considered as leader, EVER!!!
    Can I make that any clearer for you?
    Just because you have rank and some sort of education doesn't make you a leader. It's your character, how much you're respected by others, and how well you maintain your professionalism. He scores a fat zero across the board.
    Complain abouth the TRUTH all you'd like Mr Newbee. This is not the guy you want as a backup in an a$$ kicking brawl. He'll either try his hardest and get slapped down harder than Lance Bass at a deep throat contest, or just watch you fight while he takes notes for the I.A.

I'm not saying that the guy is the best leader that this department has seen, I am just saying that he has shown somebody something to keep him in his current spot. Kenny Hall and the Chief both had the opportunity at this last rotation to move him to another spot away from a lot of people AND THEY DIDN'T. That has to count for something.

And anyone who has been here for more than a couple of years knows that he has had his probation extended as a Sgt (twice I think) and as a Lt. I say 'so what'. Is the man not entitled to a second chance?

Truth is, I cannot think of any Sgt who could step up to the plate and do the job that DR is doing. Think about it, he isn't doing that bad of a job. A few guys are pissed at him, but look at who are the ones who really don't like him... they are all Sgts and none of them have really done anything here at all. I think it is all envy.

At any rate, if a guy like Kenny Hall has enough faith in his ability to lead to not rotate him, then we should give him a fair shake and believe in him.

I'm not saying that the guy is the best leader that this department has seen, I am just saying that he has shown somebody something to keep him in his current spot. Kenny Hall and the Chief both had the opportunity at this last rotation to move him to another spot away from a lot of people AND THEY DIDN'T. That has to count for something.

And anyone who has been here for more than a couple of years knows that he has had his probation extended as a Sgt (twice I think) and as a Lt. I say 'so what'. Is the man not entitled to a second chance?

Truth is, I cannot think of any Sgt who could step up to the plate and do the job that DR is doing. Think about it, he isn't doing that bad of a job. A few guys are pissed at him, but look at who are the ones who really don't like him... they are all Sgts and none of them have really done anything here at all. I think it is all envy.

At any rate, if a guy like Kenny Hall has enough faith in his ability to lead to not rotate him, then we should give him a fair shake and believe in him.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast