Any Suggestions? V Neck Compression Shirts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Suggestions? V Neck Compression Shirts

I'm looking for a good shirt to wear under my vest.

My V-Neck cotton T-shirts get real sweaty...

Anybody have any suggestions?

The 5-11 brand ones arent too bad. You can pick em up at quartermaster.com or galls.com if you dont mind ordering out of a catalog/website and waiting about a week.

If you need 'em now, they carry some at Central Firearms (Osborne just west of Dale Mabry), but their stock is usually limited so they may not have your size available.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The 5-11 brand ones arent too bad. You can pick em up at quartermaster.com or galls.com if you dont mind ordering out of a catalog/website and waiting about a week.

If you need 'em now, they carry some at Central Firearms (Osborne just west of Dale Mabry), but their stock is usually limited so they may not have your size available.
    Thanks! I heard they're better than wearing a cotton T-Shirt. True?

Thanks! I heard they're better than wearing a cotton T-Shirt. True?
    As a professional sweater, I can tell you that they are better in that most of them will "wick" the sweat away from your body. Unfortunately, when the next layer is your body armor, you're basically "wicking" your sweat onto a cookie sheet wrapped in a pup tent.

I would buy one of the cheaper ones at Wal-Mart (or, even better, Sports Authority) to try out before you drop the money on a name brand.

Quote Originally Posted by fltoddy
    Unfortunately, when the next layer is your body armor, you're basically "wicking" your sweat onto a cookie sheet wrapped in a pup tent.

I would buy one of the cheaper ones at Wal-Mart (or, even better, Sports Authority) to try out before you drop the money on a name brand.
    Thanks.

So...really no difference whether you wear a cotton t-shirt or a compression shirt, sweat will be a problem?

Unfortunately, when the next layer is your body armor, you're basically "wicking" your sweat onto a cookie sheet wrapped in a pup tent.

Thanks.

So...really no difference whether you wear a cotton t-shirt or a compression shirt, sweat will be a problem?

This is Florida in the summertime. Sweat will always be a problem.

:?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweltering

Thanks.

Yeah...No doubt! Just was wondering if those freakin' shirts would help at all.

I refuse to go out the door without my vest on. So I'll deal with it as I have been I guess.

The only other alternative that I helps is the "Cool Cop" A/C Vent attachment. http://www.coolcop.com/cc01.html

Anybody else use those shirts? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweltering

Thanks.

Yeah...No doubt! Just was wondering if those freakin' shirts would help at all.

I refuse to go out the door without my vest on. So I'll deal with it as I have been I guess.

The only other alternative that I helps is the "Cool Cop" A/C Vent attachment.

Anybody else use those shirts? Just curious...

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal
    I would have to agree with fltoddy. Either way, you're hot, but with a wicking shirt you're just hot. With cotton, you're hot and wet which is even more miserable. Further, wet cotton can rub a raw spot on you very quickly and easily! I, too, am a professional sweater so I have been through all the choices. I have found the walmart brand of "heat gear" to be just as effective as underarmour, etc. Either way, you may find it beneficial to experiment and find what works for you because in the end that is the important part.
    Mod184@leoaffairs.com
    Never get so pretentious that you can't laugh at yourself!

Re: Any Suggestions? V Neck Compression Shirts

I'm looking for a good shirt to wear under my vest.

My V-Neck cotton T-shirts get real sweaty...

Anybody have any suggestions?
    I found GREAT comfort in the V-neck Under Armour shirts sold at the place on Hillsborough Avenue by the airport. I am an XL shirt wearer and I bouught XXL compression shirts and that was the best thing I ever did.

My best advice is that you wear them inside out so that the seams dont leave an itchy impression on your sides from the tightness of the vest.

The moisture wicks away from you which kind of does make you cooler. But as previous posts suggest, it makes your vest carrier sitnky. You have to lay it out at the end of the shift to let it properly dry and wash it often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast