Ron Reffett - FIRED
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ron Reffett - FIRED

OrlandoSentinel.com
    Ocoee leaders to meet to release investigation findings
    Susan Jacobson and Bianca Prieto

Sentinel Staff Writers

9:46 AM EDT, June 18, 2008

The Ocoee Mayor and City Manager are meeting this morning to discuss whether to release the findings of an internal investigation regarding ousted police chief.

Mayor S. Scott Vandergrift said the internal investigation, which was completed by the Orange County Sheriff's Office - at the city's request - contains sensitive information.

Police chief Ron Reffett was fired Tuesday after he refused to resign, authorities said.

Reffett, 56, was let go by City Manager Rob Frank after two years on the job.

The firing followed an Orange County Sheriff's Office investigation of Reffett done at the city's request. A sheriff's spokesman said the probe had been completed but referred questions to Ocoee officials.

Mayor S. Scott Vandergrift said the complaint was that Reffett took prescription headache pills from a subordinate. He would not disclose the results of the investigation.

Reffett could not be reached for comment late Tuesday. Officials said his wife appeared before the City Commission on Tuesday to try to save her husband's job.

Reffett was suspended for two days last year for jokingly pointing his Taser at the city information-technology director during a budget discussion. He also was criticized for making contact with another employee during a training exercise.

"He's made the kind of decisions that somebody in that position shouldn't have made," Vandergrift said.

Deputy Chief Steve Goclon will fill in, Vandergrift said.

Copyright © 2008, Orlando Sentinel

It certainly couldn't have happened to a nicer person. I just can't believe it took so long for it to finally happen.

What about the SGT. in Pomano....oh wait ...that was only a patrol rifle...so its ok.

Finally, some justice for those that suffered the wrath of Ron Reffett. What goes around comes around. Ron, you deserve much worse, but I'll gloat in this satisfaction for now.

It was funny watching him on the news... How he "thought" he was helping the City of Ocoee... Bye Bye

Sounds like he was on the street level pharmaceuticals!!! A cop on drugs?? What a stretch

Ocoee Police Chief Fired - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

Ocoee Police Chief Fired - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

http://www.wesh.com/news/16637214/detail.html[/code]

http://www.wesh.com/news/16637214/detail.html

I think this is funny. His wife thinks it is a conspiracy against Ron and their family. How about the fact, he simply got what was deserving. I am sorry, but you can only do so many stupid things and hurt so many people before it finally comes back to bite you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

I couldn't agree more. It is nice to see that someone has finally seen him for what he truely is. The City of Ocoee definetly did the right thing by getting rid of the liability.

I think this is funny. His wife thinks it is a conspiracy against Ron and their family. How about the fact, he simply got what was deserving. I am sorry, but you can only do so many stupid things and hurt so many people before it finally comes back to bite you.

Reffett was a Joke as a District Chief and Chief in Ocoee PD

I couldn't agree more. It is nice to see that someone has finally seen him for what he truely is. The City of Ocoee definetly did the right thing by getting rid of the liability.

There's an oldsaying what goes around will come around. Reffett is a Sig. 20 and the TRUTH finally comes out in the City of Ocoee PD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast