STAR ???

Thread: STAR ???

STAR ???

What is happening to our Air Unit ???? Is it a flying club or our we gonna get some REAL pilots in there soon with some REAL experience.....Guess like everything else here all that matters is who your daddy was and whos shacking up with who....Hoping for change !!! Dissent from laziness guys...seriously get off the couch and do some flying.

Probably has more to do with the cost of fuel than laziness.

blah bla

I disagree with you because the full we buy is on a military contract and the cost is locked in !!! Fuel...no excuse !!! Rumor is that someones brother-in-law is running for Sheriff on the west coast and if elected he plans to bring a certain someone over after they retire. Maybe not wanting to bring attention to the soup sandwich of an air unit we have ?? Why is it that we have 3 pilots come and go and observer guys leave left and right ??

give it a rest

C'mon man, make up your mind. First you bash the guys in the Air Unit, saying they're lazy. Now you're saying you heard a rumor about the Air Unit being screwed up because of petty politics. Starting to sound like sour grapes from someone who applied for the Air Unit and got turned down. :roll:

STAR

Where in the post did I "change" my opinion of the situation. I stand by what I said...the air unit is a SUPPORT unit..the question is WHO are they SUPPORTING from a leather couch !!! Seems like we have pilots who would rather fly the web than fly the helicopter. What you expect from a bunch of guys who have really never done any REAL flying !!

how times have changed !!!!!!!!!!

in 1983 when i started, their was no air unit !!!

when the county was more rural, thats when we needed it.

north prec...in the court house
    central........rockledge
    south.....mebourne
    cape canaveral......

no computer aided dispatch

j.p. was a baggy pants cadet, M.L. was a rookie outta canaveral

can i have some cheese with the whine ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    how times have changed !!!!!!!!!!

in 1983 when i started, their was no air unit !!!

when the county was more rural, thats when we needed it.

north prec...in the court house
    central........rockledge
    south.....mebourne
    cape canaveral......

no computer aided dispatch

j.p. was a baggy pants cadet, M.L. was a rookie outta canaveral

can i have some cheese with the whine ??????
    Yeah back when the toughest call you went on was herding a loose cow !!! Times have changed. They actually require real cops and real police work now. The good ole boy system needs to stop. If we dont use it...lets LOSE it. Save the taxpayers some money !!!! USE IT OR LOSE IT !!

don't recall to many animal calls or theft of oranges, we did get occasional cattle rustlers, the old raggedy jail was rated at 250,
    and quite often held 400 bursting at the seams, and was not filled
    with open container or vagrants......

look up gerald stano - mass murderer

bryan jennings - ( death row )

little vietnam in cocoa

it was quite the bizzy place for what it was, however all it took was
    1 road trip to fort lauderdale in 1983 at the height of spring break to
    bright light and city nights in broward, and paychecks that made doing
    police work seem like a worthwhile undertaking, also being around inthe top 50 outta 2400 is not a bad thing.

Re: STAR ???

DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR POST HAD TO DO WITH THE AVIATION UNIT. BUT, I WILL SAY THE STREETS HAVE NOT CHANGED, IF ANYTHING, THEY ARE WORSE. THE DIFFERENCE WE HAVE BECOME AN AGENCY OF SOCIAL WORKERS INSTEAD OF COPS. LOOK AT OUR HIRING POOL AND LOOK AT OUR SUPERVISORS. NO ONE WANTS TO DO ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY ARE SCARED TO DO PAPERWORK OR ACTUALLY BACK UP THEIR GUYS. NOW WONDER THE CRIME RATE IS OUT OF CONTROL IN THE COCOA AREA. ITS NOT THAT CRIME IS GETTING WORSE, ITS THE AGENCY !!!!

Re: STAR ???

The hiring pool itself is a joke.. BCC is the biggest sham going with how they do things..