Police & firefighter olympic games are under way

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Herald-Tribune Staff Report
    SARASOTA -- The Florida Police & Fire Games are under way in Sarasota.

Monday morning, friends, family and fans of mountain bikers cheered the contest participants on in their 12-mile race.

The mountain biking event took place at Celery Fields off Palmer Boulevard in Sarasota.

Other events included a 10K run at Siesta Key and basketball.

Dozens of events are slated to take place through Saturday. They include swimming, golf, shotgun and the toughest competitor alive.

The games, hosted by the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, were established in 1985 and are open to Florida law enforcement and firefighter personnel.

The games are held the third week of June. There are approximately 5,000 competitors representing more than 200 different agencies competing in more than 45 Olympic-style sporting events.
    Click here to see MSO Deputy Josh Escher lifting weights at Robarts Arena.

Click here for the Olympic story.
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

Yeah and already a lack of professionalism and courtesy was demonstrated by a Sarasota County Sheriff's Sergeant and Deputy last night to several out of town officers.

It's ok though, we wont think any less of the rest of you men and women of SCSO. We hope that their mentality towards fellow law enforcement officers is isolated to their lazy and cowardly selves.

ah....no S^&t......what was the circumstances? they know you were LEO's I assume?? inquiring minds need to know

GROW UP BOYS!!!

For crying out loud...get over youselves. I logged on to this site to say how much my daughter enjoyed being an official this morning for the police Olympics and this is what I find???

She came home saying how nice everyone is and how much fun she had and how I should come in tomorrow morning to watch the next round of matches.

You guys whine more than teenage girls!

Advise for your daughter

Don't let her around the Police/Fire Games Host Agency #2 guy, Larry Dunklee.

4 guys from another police department commented on how much he touches himself. What a P.I.G - Pig.

South Fl Officers

Heres the deal.... Hialeah PD Softball team members are in Perkins off Fruitville...Joe Citizen types are in there to. Here is a Shocker..Words get exchanged after someone says something to Joe Citizens girlfriend
    Later HPD guys are heading over to their digs at the American INN aka Doper Central... Guess what here comes Joe Citizen and crew driving up...HPD clears leather and both groups call 9-1-1....HPD says Joe Citizen had a gun, none was located....Nothing to charge anyone with, event documented and everyone sent one their way..This much I can tell you if that squad could have arrested someone they would have. Its a good crew and I am inclined to side with them over Joe Citizen and some guys from HPD.
    Rule #1 of the Olympics, keep your mouth Shut. Its not the first time this has happened during the history of the Olympics...Host town Cops that work the road loath the Olympics just because of crap like this.....This is a TRUTHFUL summary of the events. Don't like it stay in your own jurisdiction from now on...Why we are on the subject seems to me like its always the Softball team guys that wind up in the Shizit...Thanks for the added BS to our night.

The whole story is written under the 'warning' post. We are not whining about petty stuff - Out of town officer's were threatened and tracked down by thugs only for nothing to be done by a SCSO Sgt.

This is not a petty gripe - a really dangerous situation occurred here and nothing was done about it.

Last time I checked JOE CITIZEN does not equal a 20 Year old latino Gang Member covered with tattoos and yelling out CRIPS while donning a Blue Bandana.

AS for your SHOCKER comment - u r a idiot - Nothing was said to her. The thug started everything and these guys were just trying to avoid any problems.

P.S. I was one of the firefighter's sitting at a nearby table who saw everything.

well then

If it was such a big problem then why didn't someone call 9-1-1 from inside Perkins when all this started then?

OLYMPICS

I for one will be glad Olympic week is over. It is a royal pain in the azz....Same old Shizit different year...