Siesta Key thefts continue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Siesta Key thefts continue

Vending machine break-ins persist at Siesta Beach concession
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Zollo, Herald-Tribune
    The sign on the soda machine reads: "11 break-ins in 15 months. Ask me why."

The one Peder Jansson had before that on his machine, which was a frequent target of theft, took law enforcement to task. It read: "Your police inaction."

The sheriff's deputies who share the Siesta Public Beach complex with Jansson removed that one.

Jansson, a retired New York City Police detective and owner of Sunset Concessions, has been critical of sheriff's deputies who patrol the island, but have not made an arrest in dozens of soda machine and concession stand break-ins that have cost him tens of thousands of dollars. Sheriff's officials say Jansson gets the same protection as everyone else and that they are investigating this crime as they do any other.

Deputies have talked to one witness so far.

"We got information from him," said Lt. Chuck Lesaltato, spokesman for the sheriff. "We've developed some leads in the case, and we have people of interest we're going to be looking for."

Jansson complained earlier this year about a rash of break-ins. In addition to investigating the case, deputies told him to make his machines more secure.

Jansson spent $300 on each of nine machines to put in heavy-duty locks and steel plates to protect the money boxes.

But crooks came armed with drills and other equipment to bypass Jansson's security.

After the most recent break-in, the sign read: "Twice in one week. What next?"

The first time, the culprits got about $1,000. Though there is also a cost for repairing the machines.

He has also spent the night at his concession stand a few times with his son to see if he could catch anyone.

During one of last week's break-ins, though, Jansson got a little lucky.

Joe Vasta, a self-proclaimed beach bum who lives on a sailboat, was sleeping on a bench when he heard the commotion and went to check it out.

"There's a guy with a pair of bolt cutters and a blue bag with a DeWalt drill, and he's drilling the locks open," Vasta said. He said he spotted two men working on the machines and a third acting as a lookout. He also saw that they were driving a blue Ford Taurus.

Deputies have told Jansson they have some solid leads, but he is still upset that the break-ins have become a near-constant problem.

He mostly blames sheriff's department supervisors, who he contends ought to have a better handle on what their deputies are doing. "The supervision is an embarrassment to the law enforcement profession," Jansson said.
    Source
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

wow!! this NYPD dude is not cutting the SSO any slack what so ever.....Being a Det., I'm sure he would have had this solved already....come on supervisors....get your S%$^ together......lol

Hasn't one warrant already been issued?

CRY BABY PEDER

Hey Peder what happened to your own security person you hired when this first began.Oh yea,he would sleep in his van while hired to provide security for your concession stand.Dont blame the Sheriff's Office for the problems your having.The Sheriiff's Office doesn't supply "personal security" during their normal patrol shift for business owners in this county.If you feel the need for more visibility(Law Enforcement) for your business,the Sheriff's Office will gladly set up an off duty "detail" Deputy specifically for that purpose.It's not free,but will definately provide Law Enforcement JUST FOR YOU.It appears to me as if you want the Sheriff's Office to babysit for you.
    Quit your crying it's getting old.Better yet,move back to New York.FYI for the citizens of Sarasota County:This isnt the only complaint Peder has regarding his business,he complains to the county about many things as the county places the concession out to bid.He thinks the county owes him,for what Im not sure,but he truly is a whiner and a typical New Yorker.

Why me

I don't understand why the sso doesn't cater to me. Don't I qualify for special treatment because I am from New York? I mean come on I spend a lot of money on my drinks and illegal immigrant maids at my house. Why don't you guys cater to me, I WAS a cop!

Why Me!!!

I don't get why every one picks on me. Is it because I whine to the the paper about my problems. I was a big shot Defective in NY. I don't understand why I get no respect!... Maybe its because I whine too much. Maybe its because I want special treatment because I think I am special! My machines, My machines. Duh. The SSO reacts,they are not mind readers. How about some cameras you weasel. Instead of crying like a biatch, how about hiring real security, as in a detail through the SSO. Then they will take some responsibility for the crimes. Or you can pay 275% more taxes to cover your part of The ONLY deputy that is assigned to Siesta Key. (other than the ones who are only there to get a tan during the daytime). Your a weasel for the things you have aired to the public. Thin blue line my asssssss.

Srry

Didn't mean to knock the guys in CP. They have a job and they do it well. NY idiot is not their problem. They have enough idiots to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by x92
    Yes! Here:
    Jared M. Partin
    Born 7/17/84

Jared Partin was arrested for 9 counts of Crimes Against Vending Machines and two counts of Grand Theft. The victim in this case was Sunrise Sunset Concessions located at the Siesta Key Public Beach Concession Area 948 Beach Rd. Sarasota, Florida. During the overnight hours of June 3rd through June 4th, 2008 five vending machines were forcibly entered and the currency located inside was removed. During the overnight hours of June 7th through June 8th, 2008 four of the same vending machines were forcibly entered and the currency located inside was removed again. The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Bureau has been investigating the above events and developed probable cause to arrest Jared Partin. Arrest Warrants were then constructed and signed by a Sarasota County Circuit Judge. Jared Partin was then located by Criminal Investigations Bureau detectives on June 19, 2008 at 5310 26th Street West Apt. 2806 in Bradenton, Florida. Anyone with further information are encouraged to contact Det. Mark Micale with the Sarasota County Criminal Investigations Bureau at (941) 861-4933 or leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers at (941) 366-TIPS or online at www.sarasotacrimestoppers.com.
    What a little scrotbag. I wish I knew how to post is weasel faced picture. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by CIB dudette
    Quote Originally Posted by x92
    Yes! Here:
    Jared M. Partin
    Born 7/17/84

Jared Partin was arrested for 9 counts of Crimes Against Vending Machines and two counts of Grand Theft. The victim in this case was Sunrise Sunset Concessions located at the Siesta Key Public Beach Concession Area 948 Beach Rd. Sarasota, Florida. During the overnight hours of June 3rd through June 4th, 2008 five vending machines were forcibly entered and the currency located inside was removed. During the overnight hours of June 7th through June 8th, 2008 four of the same vending machines were forcibly entered and the currency located inside was removed again. The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Bureau has been investigating the above events and developed probable cause to arrest Jared Partin. Arrest Warrants were then constructed and signed by a Sarasota County Circuit Judge. Jared Partin was then located by Criminal Investigations Bureau detectives on June 19, 2008 at 5310 26th Street West Apt. 2806 in Bradenton, Florida. Anyone with further information are encouraged to contact Det. Mark Micale with the Sarasota County Criminal Investigations Bureau at (941) 861-4933 or leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers at (941) 366-TIPS or online at www.sarasotacrimestoppers.com.
    What a little scrotbag. I wish I knew how to post is weasel faced picture. :roll:
    Partin or Jannson? I'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Partin or Jannson? I'll get it.
    Partin. I'm just not sure how to post a picture at leoaffairs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast