PCSO Deputy arrested for DUI
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

PCSO Deputy arrested for DUI

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jun/15 ... ui-charge/

Polk Deputy, Asleep At Wheel, Faces DUI Charge

ADVERTISEMENT

TBO.com

Published: June 15, 2008

A Polk County sheriff's deputy was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence after he was found passed out behind the wheel of his personal vehicle early this morning, the sheriff's office said.

Deputy Sheriff Jesus Contreras, Jr., 22, was found unresponsive behind the wheel of his 2006 Nissan Pathfinder, with its engine and headlights on, just after 6 a.m., according to a news release from the sheriff's office.

Another deputy who was on her way to work made the discovery. Contreras' truck was in the westbound lane of Old Polk City Road, but facing east.

Contreras told to deputies he had been drinking with friends at the Paddock Club Apartments during the evening, the sheriff's office said. He failed a sobriety test at the scene, and was placed under arrest, the sheriff's office said.

Contreras was hired in September 2006 and was recently had been working in the Northeast District. He has been suspended without pay pending the outcome of an internal investigation.

Stay with TBO.com for updates.

Reader Comments

Posted by ( mr_metal ) on June 15, 2008 at 11:36 a.m. ( Suggest removal )

He will get away with it, Silly clown should have shut off the engine and the lights and laid down...

Report Inappropriate Comments

Posted by ( retired2010 ) on June 15, 2008 at 11:45 a.m. ( Suggest removal )

Deputy should have know better and got a taxi. Polk Co Sheriff will have opening soon on patrol

Posted by ( meathead ) on June 15, 2008 at 11:56 a.m. ( Suggest removal )

what a hippocrite

Posted by ( catskill ) on June 15, 2008 at 11:59 a.m. ( Suggest removal )

That sucks for him. Only 22 and a full deputy... and he **** it all up already.

Posted by ( alafia1 ) on June 15, 2008 at 12:04 p.m. ( Suggest removal )

wow what a squealer

Posted by ( supreme56 ) on June 15, 2008 at 12:12 p.m. ( Suggest removal )

LOL!!!

Posted by ( markyn11 ) on June 15, 2008 at 12:15 p.m. ( Suggest removal )

How sweet it is. I wonder how many DUI arrests he's made?

Posted by ( lolafalala ) on June 15, 2008 at 12:19 p.m. ( Suggest removal )

1. tequila 2. tequila 3. tequila
    FLOOR!

AYE CARAMBA....

Bad mistake, hope he fairs well..

Yep.... bad mistake... but it the one who found him is sure one to talk.

And here I thought it woulda been his girlfriend who would have gotten popped first for DUI

Hopefully this'll be a wake up call to all the deputies that drink and then drive thinking that you have a shiny star to get you out... think again.

Mistakes happen in all occupations but we should know better then anyone.

the one that found him should have been popped MULTIPLE times along time ago... surprising that she never got caught herself.

No one is perfect, I am sure many of us have done it. Luckily many haven't been caught. Yes, this sure needs to be a wake up call to everyone....Thank god no one was killed, including him. Will we have an opening in patrol? Yeah, I would think so.. It's too bad, don't know the kid but sometimes you just have to use your head.

You know I have to say its times like this, and people like you , that make me ashamed to be a deputy. Its not what the d/s who got arrested did (everyone makes mistakes and he is paying dearly for his) its people who write into blogs like this badmouthing the d/s that stumbled up onto him and the arresting d/s (who as im SURE you can read in the cad screens were NOT the same d/s). Im sure that this is not exactly what either d/s involved nor supervision wanted to have happen today. I work on night shift and I have so far been lucky to not have stumbled upon a drunk d/s but it is my worst fear. No one wants to be put in that position.

The ledger and all other reporting news webpages clearly say the d/s was passed out in the lane of travel facing oncoming traffic. (not napping on the side of the road sleeping it off!)

Would you as a leo or even as a citizen drive by this and say oh well ? I for one would not, I or would have any respect or use for any leo that would. I hope that NO deputy in this agency would do this... however as i read this forum and countless blog replies to the news articles, I start to believe that some would just pat the passed out cop on the back, tell him to go home, and let him out to run head on into someone another day.

The maturity level in these posts is astounding. Im expecting I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I ... and STICK AND STONES to be the next things typed by some of you people.

You know, if you are a d/s you can VERY easily obtain a copy of the arrest report through records then HMMM MAYBE HAVE YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU MAKE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A MORON ON THIS FORUM .... BUT WHOOPS.. TOO LATE FOR THAT FOLKS.

^
    I very much agree with this. We need to let this be an eye opener. You would think with all of our own we are putting in jail that people would realize that we need to be what we are looked at upon by society. Better people in and out of work.

This could have been worse. Thank god it wasn't. I wish him the best of luck. He was a good deputy that made a really bad decision. Let's hope this is an eye opener for the newbies coming in and the old timers that think "it won't happen to me."

I would be curious to see the report. We all know that the ledger has been known to get things wrong in the past. If he was in the travel lanes, there's not much else to do. Oh for the old days when you could just take a drunk (civilian or cop) home and call it a night so long as there was no accident or other situation in which another party was injured or property was damaged. I wish him luck. I only met him once and he seemed like a good guy, just a little young which we all were at one time. Some of us have just survived that stage.

Lack of Brotherhood

Once again the new breed of LEO displays that they have no sense of "Brotherhood" in this profession. You can take this any way you want and badmouth it as much as you want, but in the end it is ever so TRUE.

All professions, If you are in fact "Professional", give professional courtesy to their own unless there are extenuating circumstances. Being a LEO in this day & age is extremely stressful and mistakes do happen folks. Unfortunately, the mistakes of LEO's become front page news and usually end with the LEO losing his or her job, where most other professions simply get some form of written discipline.

I assure you that I would never cover for a dirty LEO, just as I would assure you that I would give a fellow LEO a ride home, just as I have some civilians in the past. It's called discretion folks, and "Yes", you can still use it.

I am not excusing what he did, only thinking about the repercussions of what is already a very stressful career.

Be safe my Brothers & Sisters.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast