Thanks for the extra help in Patrol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks for the extra help in Patrol

I just want to take a minute and thank all of the non Patorl units that are helping out on the street, by filling in and working a zone.

But, let me pose this question: If these units refuse to take report calls, or if the supervisors tell dispatch not to send them on report calls, then what help are they? The exhuastion that patrol deputies experience day after day is only compounded when 7 of 9 zones are filled, but only 2 or 3 deputies are writing all 20 - 40 reports a day on one squad.

And supervisors wonder why we take longer on calls now....... So the numbers of reports we write each day are not doubled. If we hurry and clear a call, then we are dispatched to additional report calls. No thank you.

Re: Thanks for the extra help in Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    but only 2 or 3 deputies are writing all 20 - 40 reports a day on one squad.

Huh??? So deputies are routinely writing 12 reports a day each? Tell me which squad number so I can run the stats...that's 168 reports per deputy per month. Impressive if true but I suspect a bit of an exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi

Huh??? So deputies are routinely writing 12 reports a day each? Tell me which squad number so I can run the stats...that's 168 reports per deputy per month. Impressive if true but I suspect a bit of an exaggeration.

Hmmm, lets examine your math. 20 reports a day divided by 3 deputies = less than 7. Seven reports in one day. Is that a stretch? No. take a look at some of the squad in d1,d2,d3,and d4.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi

Hmmm, lets examine your math. 20 reports a day divided by 3 deputies = less than 7. Seven reports in one day. Is that a stretch? No. take a look at some of the squad in d1,d2,d3,and d4.
    Let's check out your math now. You neglected to examine the upper end of the guy's claim. 40 reports a day divided by 2 deputies is 20 per day each. Let's average out the minimum you found (round down to 6) and the maximum I found (20). That averages 13 reports per day. 13 reports per day for 14 working days per month comes out to 182 reports per month for each deputy. The minimum of 6 reports per day would be 84 reports per month. The maximum of 20 reports per day comes out to 280 reports. The average of the low (84) and the high (280) is 182 so the math checks out.
    Now that I have schooled you on basic mathematics, please give me the squad number so I can run the stats. If you can show me one deputy writing triple-digit reports in a month I will give you at least partial credit for being right even if it's not a common occurence as the original poster suggested.
    I haven't seen my squad's stats ever reveal anyone writing more than 30-35 reports in a month and I am in D3.

I think the extra people do a fine job and are a big help. If anyone in the other districts disagree that's fine. All you detectives and crime prevention guys come to D2, you're more than welcome and appreciated.

You aint kiddin my man

I think the extra people do a fine job and are a big help. If anyone in the other districts disagree that's fine. All you detectives and crime prevention guys come to D2, you're more than welcome and appreciated.
    Definately, as there is never a shortage of calls in D2. Brandon, Seffner and parts of Valrico have been allowed to become very crime ridden and basically a new ghetto.

The original intent of this initiative was to releave patrol, period! If there are deputies (OR SUPERVISORS) that are riding patol and not helping out with report calls, then post which squad you are referring to and I am sure that "someone" will get it to the powers that be. We are all in this together and we all need to contribute.

Keep up the good fight and be safe!

The original intent of this initiative was to releave patrol, period! If there are deputies (OR SUPERVISORS) that are riding patol and not helping out with report calls, then post which squad you are referring to and I am sure that "someone" will get it to the powers that be. We are all in this together and we all need to contribute.

I must agree. I dont think the administration intended for the once-a-month deputies to do no report calls. Some think they are going to come out and handle a couple of false alarms and go home. Maybe the supervisors need to evenly divide and control which squads these once-a-month deputies are riding with...

I must agree. I dont think the administration intended for the once-a-month deputies to do no report calls. Some think they are going to come out and handle a couple of false alarms and go home. Maybe the supervisors need to evenly divide and control which squads these once-a-month deputies are riding with...
    Yeah and maybe the patrol deputies should work the detectives case load once a month as well :roll: ..............I'm sure most of the property detectives wouldn't mind some help. What a endless job they have now with this poor economy. Steal, steal, steal :lol:

The extra units has come in handy, just look at friday nights capture of a murder suspect in ruskin. Without those extra units on the perimeter the suspect would have never been caught. Yes they dont always take calls since they are tasked with checking on juveniles on home detention but they are assisting in other ways that are beneficial.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast