4-10 Questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4-10 Questions

Shiftwork

MS. Shiftwork,

Nice attempt at a slam to the LT. Whats your real problem with him? Did not get your way?

No problem here with O/D or my supervisor. I don't work in the SW, just going on what I heard from others who do work there. Seriously, plenty of stuff to keep the IG's office earning thier pay checks, but I guess people are afraid to report them, a small thing called reatliation??? What exacty does Ms. stand for anyway? LOL

SW District Lt.

What's up with the slam on the SW District Lt.? If you aren't from the district you shouldn't be spreading rumors. I am very much aware of what goes on in the district and I think that the Lt. is up front and fair with everyone. Maybe you need to stay in your own district and not slam someone elses. Stick to what you know is fact...not what someone has told you.

DOLPHINS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiftwork

Shiftwork may be a sissy. Since just writing things here without any facts is shiftworks forte, then let us assume some things about little Shiftwork.

Probably the first LEO job. The Lt. probably corrected Shiftwork or paid no attention to Shiftwork in the past. Maybe Shiftwork views the Lt. as a threat for a future position or is jealous of the Lt's success. Maybe the Lt. is a happy, positive person and Shiftwork wants to be just like him, but Shiftwork can't get any recognition. That may frustrate Shiftwork, causing episodes much like we are witnessing here in Shiftworks postings.

Shiftwork needs a hug. Will someone please give Shiftwork a hug?

What we get each time we look at our paychecks!!!! Hugs? I like hugs LOL

This post is supposed to be about the possibility of going to 4-10 a work week, not slamming people. I like the Dolphins...mostly the ones that swim in the Gulf...they don't talk alot. There may be some areas that need to be worked out with the 4-10's. Details are one of those areas. Alot depends on how they schedule it. Hang in there and don't sweat the small stuff.

Are lts and capts going to that schedule??? Interesting the Tally HR person is, thought that position would need to be available 5 days a week? But what do I know, just the low man on the totem pole :P

Quote Originally Posted by 4-10???
    Are lts and capts going to that schedule??? Interesting the Tally HR person is, thought that position would need to be available 5 days a week? But what do I know, just the low man on the totem pole :P
    O.K. here we go with Tallahassee again. Let the brass in Tally do what they want, it has never stopped them before.

As for me, I want the 4-10's. For an extra 2 hours a day I can figure out something to do and then for 3 days I can stay away from this place. The more time off, the better for me!

If you work 10 hour days, then you must take 10 hours off for sick or annual leave. End of story. Deal with it and move on!

Bring on the 12 hour days. If we do that, then we actually work only 50% of the year. It must work because other agencies use it....but what do I know, I work for the State where we are the only agencies to work 8 hour shifts. Get in the 21st century PLEASE.

Remember, though it seems like a lot of leave to have to take for one day, but lets put it into perspective.

3 days off a week on 10 hour shifts (regular days off)
    2 days off a week with 8 hour shifts (regular days off)= 8 hours leave to make 3 days off.

4 days off uses 10 hours of leave on 10 hour days,
    4 days off uses 16 hours leave on 8 hour shifts.

Yes, sick leave is the only time I see you will burn a little more leave once and a while, but most of us have so much of that, who cares.

Think about it, more days off for less leave is what it really boils down to.

As far as off duty, I have to work it on my days off anyways because most of the jobsites I work usually run 12 hour shifts anyway. So won't matter much for road work anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast