A new low?

Thread: A new low?

A new low?

I thought that FHP could not get any worse but I was proven wrong today. Troop D promoted a new duty officer supervisor. I would love to be able to congratulate her however, she wasn't much respected as a duty officer so it is hard to understand how she was promoted. From what I understand it was all based on a little written test...not anything from her personnel file..her past performance as a duty officer or her qualifications...it was based on how she passed a stupid little subjective test.

She has been written up for sleeping on the job...and she is one of the most negative employees in the comm center...never a positive thing to say about anything...on top of that she has multiple personalities!! You can hear her talking to them at any given time of day!

They chose her over an exemplary employee with past military experience, past federal law enforcement experience and a background in business.

If I didn't know any better , an EEOC quota had to be met and they did so by promoting her. Sad. They should have just said "Only black females need apply."

Don't get me wrong...if she was the best person and most qualified for the job I would be the first to say "Way to go." Not the case this time.

The ORCC is losing ground and respect.

Similar situation over here in Troop C. Funny how that happens.
    Soon to be DOS knows about interviews before any of the other applicants. Makes you go HMMMMM!
    If you know your gonna be DOS before the interviews even start you should keep it to yourself and at least pretend that it was fair.

No surprise.

This is a pattern with FHP Leadership. FHP Staff promoted a District Commander to Pensacola (Captain) over higher scored applicants that were:
    1) more experienced.
    2) higher on promotional elgibility list
    3) more senior ( by 10 years)
    4) ready to lead / previously commanded the district in the interim.

The new Captain / District Commander was not even ready to go to work. The new Captain had back surgery prior to the promotion and will be on light-duty status for six months or more and unable to wear the FHP.

I left this out: The new Captain in Pensacola was connected to the Colonel because her husband worked with him in Orlando where they became best friends.

She dated him when he was an instructor (and married) at the FHP Academy and broke up his happy little family / wife / two kids.

Now we have a "homewrecker" for a District Commander in Pensacola. This is the future of our agency. It is very bleak.

I am not surprised about the promotional process at your Regional Communication Center. As you can see, THIS IS PAR FOR THE COURSE!

Have a great day.

Sour Grapes....

I know exactly who you're talking about and I also know for a FACT that what you say are Stone Cold LIES!
    I worked with Fleming when she was a Lt and wasn't a bit surprised that she was promoted to Captain. She is exemplary in EVERY WAY!
    Her leadership abilities are barr none and her character is beyond reproach! Lynne Fleming is a devout Christian woman who lives by a strong moral code. She is no nonsense and fair in every way.
    CAPTAIN Fleming got promoted on MERIT alone as anyone who has EVER worked with her will attest to.
    For the record, Capt Fleming did NOT date an actively "Married Man".. her husband "Bob" was already in the process of a divorce when they STARTED dating.
    Sir or ma'am, your bitterness is apparent and if what you wrote is any indication of your character, you couldn't hole a candle to Captain Fleming in any way.
    I'd say with confidence that FHP made the absolute best choice in a leader when she was promoted and assigned. I wish her the best of everything and I'll pray for wisdom and grace for her in having to deal with the likes of you.
    You ought to be ashamed of yourself for spreading such LIES and deceptions!
    And I'm not afraid to state my name on here
    With ALL sincerety,
    Duty Officer S. Nantz

Sour Grapes....

I know exactly who you're talking about and I also know for a FACT that what you say are Stone Cold LIES!
    I worked with Fleming when she was a Lt and wasn't a bit surprised that she was promoted to Captain. She is exemplary in EVERY WAY!
    Her leadership abilities are barr none and her character is beyond reproach! Lynne Fleming is a devout Christian woman who lives by a strong moral code. She is no nonsense and fair in every way.
    CAPTAIN Fleming got promoted on MERIT alone as anyone who has EVER worked with her will attest to.
    For the record, Capt Fleming did NOT date an actively "Married Man".. her husband "Bob" was already in the process of a divorce when they STARTED dating.
    Sir or ma'am, your bitterness is apparent and if what you wrote is any indication of your character, you couldn't hold a candle to Captain Fleming in any way.
    I'd say with confidence that FHP made the absolute best choice in a leader when she was promoted and assigned. I wish her the best of everything and I'll pray for wisdom and grace for her in having to deal with the likes of you.
    You ought to be ashamed of yourself for spreading such LIES and deceptions!
    And I'm not afraid to state my name on here
    With ALL sincerety,
    Duty Officer S. Nantz

dos

Quote Originally Posted by TBRCC
    Soon to be DOS knows about interviews before any of the other applicants. Makes you go HMMMMM!
    If you know your gonna be DOS before the interviews even start you should keep it to yourself and at least pretend that it was fair.
    back to the original comment about dos's, here you have to either threaten to commit suicide(true event)do drugs, hate women, threaten to quit and cry alot about going no where and sleep on the job after promotion to make dos, one of ours knew they were getting the job before the interviews becasue they made the comment that things were going to change very soon, even started trying to change things before they were promoted? i guess it's not the most qualified , it is who makes the most noise and rocks the boat the hardest

Re: dos

I should think that if it bothers you enough to get on here and complain about it, then perhaps you should consider documenting it and then taking your complaint to the appropriate authority.
    The ONLY way things ever will change is if those within the organization step up and do something about it.
    The problem exists when those who CAN do something about a problem, won't.

Quote Originally Posted by BELLA61
    back to the original comment about dos's, here you have to either threaten to commit suicide(true event)do drugs, hate women, threaten to quit and cry alot about going no where and sleep on the job after promotion to make dos, one of ours knew they were getting the job before the interviews becasue they made the comment that things were going to change very soon, even started trying to change things before they were promoted? i guess it's not the most qualified , it is who makes the most noise and rocks the boat the hardest

Re: dos

oh get real, the people you would have to complain to are the ones who chose to put the dos's in that position knowing full well , what they were and how they were, we only get on here to vent , because we know that you can complain all you want they only do something about when the actopns or lack of will look bad on them, or they think it was their idea to take action, as far as the sleeping on the job is concerned a complaint was made and it came back and bit that person in the ass and nothing was ever said to the dos, so there.....

Quote Originally Posted by san
    I should think that if it bothers you enough to get on here and complain about it, then perhaps you should consider documenting it and then taking your complaint to the appropriate authority.
    The ONLY way things ever will change is if those within the organization step up and do something about it.
    The problem exists when those who CAN do something about a problem, won't.

Quote Originally Posted by BELLA61

Re: No surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by TroopA123
    This is a pattern with FHP Leadership. FHP Staff promoted a District Commander to Pensacola (Captain) over higher scored applicants that were:
    1) more experienced.
    2) higher on promotional elgibility list
    3) more senior ( by 10 years)
    4) ready to lead / previously commanded the district in the interim.

The new Captain / District Commander was not even ready to go to work. The new Captain had back surgery prior to the promotion and will be on light-duty status for six months or more and unable to wear the FHP.

I left this out: The new Captain in Pensacola was connected to the Colonel because her husband worked with him in Orlando where they became best friends.

She dated him when he was an instructor (and married) at the FHP Academy and broke up his happy little family / wife / two kids.

Now we have a "homewrecker" for a District Commander in Pensacola. This is the future of our agency. It is very bleak.

I am not surprised about the promotional process at your Regional Communication Center. As you can see, THIS IS PAR FOR THE COURSE!

Have a great day.
    If this is the way you Lts in Troop A operate.. stabbing leadership behind their backs instead of holding them up and working with them to improve FHP for the working Troopers on the road, then it's no wonder they sent in some new blood to straighten your tails out!
    "Leadership"??? Who are YOU to talk about such a noble thing when you wouldn't know the first thing about such a concept!
    Do us all a favor and move on out of the agency and go where you can't harm the patro anymore. Shameful, pitiful and useless !!!

Re: A new low?

There wasnt much of a choice

SP: asshole, thinks he is better then everyone else. Talks down to every caller on the phone. acts like he knows everything.
    TR: Never on time to work and that's if she even comes in, she would of been a push over pawn for any other DOS to get there way
    BG: Lazy, Never stopped complaining, ***** about every little thing a trooper would do. Hell a trooper would go x42 and she would *****

Screwed either way you look at it. There wasn't one worthy choice