interviews

Thread: interviews

interviews

I'm going to be holding interviews for available honor guard positions in my department. Can anyone suggest questions to be asked. Thanks for your help.

First off I would ask them what there motivation is for wanting to be apart of your agencies Honor Guard team.

Second, I would then ask them, without being specific due to medical hipa laws, if there is anything that would prevent them from standing completely still for long periods of time. Also if they are able to lift a large amount of weight, ie..caskets.

Third, Do they get "stage fright" standing in front of large groups of people. I, unfortunately, have personally participated in several line of duty funeral services. Standing on post next to a casket of a fallen brother or sister LEO as the service is going on in front of thousands could be a little overwhelming for some.

Fourth, what prior experience do they have? Example, do they have any military ceremonial training?

I would also have them do the interview in the agencies dress uniform. This will give you an idea of how they look.

I agree with the above questions.

Also, you may want to ask if they are able to respond on short notice and are able to travel (sometimes overnight) on short notice.

questions

Thanks for the help. greatly appreciated.

Re: interviews

I agree with the above - We also ask them to define Honor, What makes you the best candidate and we made each candidate stand to attention, modified parade rest, facing movement, present arms and order arms. It was great to see which candidates do research before their interview by asking Honor Guard members questions ahead of time.