Best small towns near Denver - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Best small towns near Denver

Mike, Thanks again for your help. I was on the Loveland site the other day and saw that there was an opening. I'm going to look more into it. Last group of questions and I'll leave you alone. How many guys go out on the road during a shift and as far as busy and type of calls, how does Loveland compare to Longmont and Greeley PD's. Lastly, hopefully, how do the sheriff's dept. compare to the city dept. out there. Meaning are they really spread out in the rural areas or do they patrol city type area. Also are the SO road divisions small or large.

Loveland has about 100 sworn. A typical shift has about 7 officers on the road, with some overlap in the evenings. We have many of the same type of calls you'll be use to working in Florida. Not so much crack, but meth. is the predominant drug out here. There also seems to be way more identity theft and fraud type cases out this way than what I saw in Tampa. This is a great place to raise family - very safe, but if you're proactive you won't be bored working the streets. The S.O. does patrol a lot of rural areas, don't see them doing much in town, but the countryside out here is beautiful so working a rural area isn't such a bad gig. Greeley P.D. is probably busier than we are. They have a lot of latino gangs and a lot of the dirtbags we see in Loveland come over from Greeley. Please feel free to use my name as a referral if you apply with Loveland.

Mike Braband (970) 217-5919 if you need to ask questions that i haven't covered.

Mike,
    Thank again for you response and time. I appreciate all the info you've given. I'm going to check into PD about thise openings.

Good luck Palm Beach.

I spent four days visiting Loveland PD and can say without a doubt it is one of the finest agencies around. My experience spans three FL agencies over 29 years and feel fairly qualfied to judge. Nice equipment, good training and a fantastic Chief. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I will be glad to help.

Sorry I missed you when I was there Britcop, I heard good things about you.

B. Connelly
    Cape Coral, FL

Glad you were as impressed with the department. If there's anything I can do to assist you further feel free to contact me. Good luck :-)

Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123