Hiring Process - PT test

Hiring Process - PT test

For the 3-step test (CJ-Bat, PAT and swim); does anyone have any idea what the PAT is for FL-Cert. officer's? I have heard that it's short and sweet, but what is "short and sweet?" Also, does BSO have a long-drawn out process, or are they fairly quick on the motions..

Thanks!!

BE SAFE ya'll

Re: Hiring Process - PT test

Quote Originally Posted by dan1065cf
    For the 3-step test (CJ-Bat, PAT and swim); does anyone have any idea what the PAT is for FL-Cert. officer's? I have heard that it's short and sweet, but what is "short and sweet?" Also, does BSO have a long-drawn out process, or are they fairly quick on the motions..

Thanks!!

BE SAFE ya'll
    Oh yes, short and sweet, now what was her name??? :wink:

BSO does not require the TABE anymore, only the CJBAT. From your question, I take it that you are Florida certified? Do you have less then a 4 year break in service?

Nope...I'm current FL-LEO cert

PAT- Physical Agility test. It's the same for certified and non certified

Quote Originally Posted by guest011
    I think he meant what events are involved in the PAT - not what does it stand for. You know like the 1/2 mile run, pulling 600 pounds out of the water, wink.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by guest011
    I think he meant what events are involved in the PAT - not what does it stand for. You know like the 1/2 mile run, pulling 600 pounds out of the water, wink.
    The only big difference in the old man PT test is you don't have to jump over the 6 foot wall. I guess someone realized cops are smart enough to walk around that type of obstacle after they have been on the job a while. But if you call BCC/IPS they will tell you what is involved.

aighty.....thanks ya'll..

For certified all you have to do for the PAT is the 1st 6 obstacles, after the wall, which is the ladder/ramp small hurdle, fence, window,door and small hurdle. 10 situps, 10 push-ups, and the run. Very easy.