How Many More?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many More?

How Many More?

Im going to spew for a little while due to the fact Im fed up with dirt bags and scum killing our fellow brothers and sisters on the streets. WE need to take the streets back and im listing our city managers and the purse string holders including our admin that budget cuts is and will be a slap in our face. We need better equipment to fight what I see a war that has been waged agaisnt us! And Im not talking about computers. Im talking about something better for the officer other than those 9mm pee shooters the dept lets us use. We need a one up on these thugs! Its time that certain people in that white and brick building on the west side realize that this is no longer "sleepy tree Plantation." Its time that certain admin B.U.T.T. kissers to the city need to get a pair and support better weapon issue to US! in my opinion I hold these people accountable if any of us become seriously injured or die due to the fact they support cuts and not supply us with the tools to wage war agaisnt the haters of police.
    I know some might respond thinking that im over reacting to a recent event, or some clowns will tease with some stupid remark. To those I say I feel very sorry for you. But its time that this issue come to light. Im tired of going to funerals knowing that it could be one of us. Why would it take a major event to get some change? I dont have the answers to this issue. Maybe some of you could respond with some ideas.
    Sorry for the long winded paragraph, Im just frustrated with the routine way our city fathers think that we could due without critical tools to help fight crime. After all it is their arses we protect!

I could not agree more with your post it is a war out there and trust me there is nothing sleepy about plantation one word "PARK EAST". zero tolerance and take no prisinors. Lock dem all the f@#*k up. I heard some D II guys got eight 10-15's the other night. even though it was for a bullshit amount of weed, this is where it starts. lets ALL step up and put some major heat on these thugs. To you D II guys especially you 7 zoners keep it up. How, and just so I dont leave anyone out good job on B shift last week on the sig 21 10-15. stay safe and honor these guys by being proactive and "LOCKEN DEM THUGS UP" :twisted:

I could not agree more with your post it is a war out there and trust me there is nothing sleepy about plantation one word "PARK EAST". zero tolerance and take no prisinors. Lock dem all the f@#*k up. I heard some D II guys got eight 10-15's the other night. even though it was for a bullshit amount of weed, this is where it starts. lets ALL step up and put some major heat on these thugs. To you D II guys especially you 7 zoners keep it up. Just so I dont leave anyone out good job on B shift last week on the sig 21 10-15. stay safe and honor these guys by being proactive and "LOCKEN DEM THUGS UP" :twisted:

I could not agree more with your post it is a war out there and trust me there is nothing sleepy about plantation one word "PARK EAST". zero tolerance and take no prisinors. Lock dem all the f@#*k up. I heard some D II guys got eight 10-15's the other night. even though it was for a bullshit amount of weed, this is where it starts. lets ALL step up and put some major heat on these thugs. To you D II guys especially you 7 zoners keep it up. Just so I dont leave anyone out good job on B shift last week on the sig 21 10-15. stay safe and honor these guys by being proactive and "LOCKEN DEM THUGS UP" :twisted:

sorry about the 4 posts in a row my computer froze when I typed the post.

I am also sick of these street thugs taking over our streets. I hate that good people are locked up in their homes and the criminals who should be locked up are running free. Until the public, that's right, the public, gets sick of the crime; then maybe they will pressure the politicians to put money into the budget instead of taking it out. Maybe then the b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t. complaints against oficers will stop and the people will complain about what matters: criminals serving only a small portion of their sentances, budget cuts and lawsuits against cops. Also, great job with the revocation of the assault weapons ban, notice the cop killings are up again. More than ever we have to stick together. Love or hate your fellow officers, we're all blue. It's us against them. Little fueds have to stop. We must show that we will come together for the good of us all. [/b]

Officer safety

It always surprises me when a unit goes 10-50 and advises "10-4", meaning no back-up. Recently on Alpha shift, we had a sig 49 to a business, and the officer (relatively new) cancelled his back up. It turns out, there was a sig 21 there. Too many "barking dog" calls where the 94 is 66'd while the primary unit is still enroute. Sig 68, stand by while property is removed...how quickly can THAT call turn sour and you've 66'd your back-up? How many of you DON'T wear your vest ??? To those officers that hide out in the fire stations all day, eventually you will get a call and I hope that call isn't the one where you get hurt because you are so removed from the job you are supposed to be doing. With so many recent officer homicides, how can you guys do this? It seems that some of you are complacent, and don't believe you can get hurt. Or maybe you think you're Vick Mackey and don't need a back-up. Believe it or not, there are those up in Dispatch who have seen a "routine" call or routine 50 turn sour in an instant. Some of us know what can happen to you, and we do worry about you.

I write this post in response to this topic because I want all of you to go home safely at the end of your shift. Your safety starts with your own actions before pointing the finger at anyone else.

There. I feel better having gotten this off my chest.

Re: Officer safety

Quote Originally Posted by CDC
    It always surprises me when a unit goes 10-50 and advises "10-4", meaning no back-up. Recently on Alpha shift, we had a sig 49 to a business, and the officer (relatively new) cancelled his back up. It turns out, there was a sig 21 there. Too many "barking dog" calls where the 94 is 66'd while the primary unit is still enroute. Sig 68, stand by while property is removed...how quickly can THAT call turn sour and you've 66'd your back-up? How many of you DON'T wear your vest ??? To those officers that hide out in the fire stations all day, eventually you will get a call and I hope that call isn't the one where you get hurt because you are so removed from the job you are supposed to be doing. With so many recent officer homicides, how can you guys do this? It seems that some of you are complacent, and don't believe you can get hurt. Or maybe you think you're Vick Mackey and don't need a back-up. Believe it or not, there are those up in Dispatch who have seen a "routine" call or routine 50 turn sour in an instant. Some of us know what can happen to you, and we do worry about you.

I write this post in response to this topic because I want all of you to go home safely at the end of your shift. Your safety starts with your own actions before pointing the finger at anyone else.

There. I feel better having gotten this off my chest.
    And to add to that, some of the younglings need to Leave the motoring public ALONE and patrol their zones, what a concept. Alpha shift is not designed to be a TANGO unit. Your zones are wide open for burglaries.
    To the others who are going out with occupied vehicles and other things, Good Job! to the tango units, get rid of your radar guns and learn to investigate and patrol. There's more to life than doing 10-50s all night to toss the car for 57. Develope some other type of p.c. rather than traffic violations.

Making crap misdemeanor drug arrests don't count for squat when your zone is getting rapped with burglaries. Police work is a variety of skills. Traffic enforcement may be an instant gratification to your new found power but zone integrity is the most inportant job after taking care of each other. Those who don't wear your vests, maybe you don't give a crap about your life or well being but unfortunatlly it's someone else who has to come in and drag your a.s.s. out when you get dropped. Now your fellow officer not only has to think about his own safety but the public and you; all cause you didn't want to sweat? Cops making $30 bucks an hour and your cancelling back-ups. Sad. Someone will get hurt, not if but when. It's a sad but true fact of this job. Don't let it be you we are honoring at some vigil. Take care of each other and stay safe.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast