27 yr. old Miramar man charged with carjacking disabled teen

27 yr. old Miramar man charged with carjacking disabled teen

Miramar - A man suspected of carjacking a physically disabled woman was jailed during the weekend.

Lester Boss Bailey, 27, of Miramar, is suspected of jumping into Monique Reed's slow-moving car to chase down two men he'd been arguing with Saturday, according to police and Reed's mother. Lisa Reed said she wants Bailey to pay for what he did to her 19-year-old daughter, who suffers from spina bifida, for their car and for the potential damage to their lives from the ordeal.

"I was really scared because he was driving like crazy," Monique Reed said Sunday. "I thought I was gonna die."

According to Monique and Lisa Reed:

About 1:30 p.m. Saturday, the Nova Southeastern University student went to see friends in a neighborhood near Miramar Parkway and Southwest 68th Avenue. When a dispute broke out at the house, she got into her 2006 Chevrolet Aveo, which displays a blue handicap decal.

Monique Reed, whose feet turn outward, was driving away slowly when she saw two men running past. Moments later, another man ran out to chase them.

As she approached Miramar Parkway, he yanked her door open and told her to get out.

He shoved her across to the passenger seat and told his companions to jump in. She was pinned at the gear shifter, with her legs hanging on to the driver's seat, when the carjacker sat on one of her legs.

Still in that position, he chased the two men, who were on foot, weaving down Miramar Parkway and side streets, knocking over mailboxes and light poles and scattering pedestrians and cars, while Monique Reed begged him to stop the car.

"I was just screaming," she said. "I was shaking. I was scared for my life."

The carjacker eventually stopped and took off on foot.

When police arrived, they interviewed Monique Reed and handed her a waiver of prosecution. She signed it unknowingly, her mother said.

When Lisa Reed came home from work that night and learned of the incident, she called police and insisted on prosecution. The women accompanied an officer to the house where the argument had erupted and found Bailey about 10 p.m.

Bailey faces charges of carjacking without a firearm or weapon, kidnapping to commit or facilitate a felony, criminal mischief/damage to property, probation violation and cocaine possession, Miramar police spokesman Bill Robertson said.

A judge denied bail on three of the charges, and Bailey remained at the Broward Sheriff's Main Jail on Sunday.

Bailey has had many brushes with the law since 1999, state criminal records show. He was convicted of larceny in February and cocaine possession in 2007.

I can't believe that this is the real story...responding officer interviews disabled victim of a carjacking and hands the victim a waiver. There has to be more to this story that's not being told. I find this hard to believe.

ohhhhhhh man someone is a major fu**in dumbass .........

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    ohhhhhhh man someone is a major fu**in dumbass .........
    I am sure it some super cop that posts crap on here about everybody else. Probably didn't feel like doing anything, other than posting here about alpha shift. :wink: :cry:

everyone is a bunch of haters!! doing what the brass does you should be ashamed of yourselves I guess you believe everything you read in the paper... it must be true.. just ask the mom that wasnt there..

you guys should jump off a bridge or go work at pinecrest

is that for real about the waiver of prosecution??? lol

there is a lot more to the story that wasnt posted....

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    there is a lot more to the story that wasnt posted....
    How about the ASA dropped all the charges and said the case was BS.

hey at least if she signed the waiver thats a 100% clearance!!!

she was smoking weed with all of the guys involved. she knew the "carjacker". she actually let him drive the car to chase the guys b/c they were fighting over the pot. she wouldn't tell us who was involved b/c the "carjacker" was her best friend's boyfriend. so we couldn't use the waiver anyway. she didnt even call us, the lady whose mailbox got knocked over was the one who called. gotta love the media for making us look bad. gotta love the idiots who believe the media hype even more!