Ding Dong - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ding Dong

Re: Vote for JO K

[quote=Vote for Jo K 2]
    Quote Originally Posted by "fomer cdc career leo":9r34uzu9
    The only qualified person upstairs is Jo. She has the most experience, talent and knowledge to be the communications manager. Most people working here now were in their pops sperm sac when jo was dispatching. If DR wants to make good lasting changes upstairs His first priority now is to make Jo the manager. She is the most fair and reliable person upstairs. Anytime anybody needs ANYTHING she will help out. She rarely takes 40, never leaves on time and is a fixture upstairs. There is not one sworn officer that would want anyone else on the radio or in charge of the radio if their life depended on it. I believe a new era shall begin Kokofsky era.
    VOTE FOR JO
    I could not agree with you more ! She never leaves on time but then she never really shows up on time but I think she more then makes up for that fact by staying over and makes sure the City gets what they pay for. I know the officers on the road as well as her co-workers all feel the same way. She would be the logical person to take over and right all the wrongs that have been done to the employees and the City over the last 8 years. I second that VOTE FOR JO[/quote:9r34uzu9]

Upfront I apologize for this negative post..True Jo would be the best logical decision there in CDC. However on another note. When has this city or thisdepartment given a position of logical thinking to an individual based on their history of a strong committed work record? can anyone answer that? I hope that im proven wrong and she does get.. My vote to her as well GO JO!!!

Jo is a great people person, knows her stuff. I don't know, however, if she wants to end her career here as the manager. We all know that the position would change anyone who takes it, and probably not for the better. She's fried now, imagine what the position would do to her. And if she doesn't leave on time now, well, she might as well just bring her pillow and blanket to the PD.

As a side thought, someone who regularly needs to work beyond their hours may not have the best time management skills.

It is a double edged sword, hiring from inside the PD, as opposed to an outsider. The center needs fixing now, and hiring from outside would delay that, while the new person got acclimated to the position, and the PD. It would take a new person time to evaluate the environment and the people. But, a new person comes in without preconceived ideas of the personnel. A new person could take appropriate action towards those that have been allowed, for years, to work with a substandard performance. Would or could someone from inside, have the fortitude to take a senior dispatcher and put her in remedial training?

I pray that the department doesn't make the same mistakes it made when LF came on. Wash their hands of CDC once they have someone 'in charge' and responsible/answerable for what goes on in there. They were, and remained clueless as to what she was doing, or not doing. It is that autonomy that corrupted LF. She could tell the Administration anything, and they believed her, even though they heard otherwise from reliable people inside the center. They need to keep Lt. Ranieri in there, at least for 6 months, to train the new manager, to make sure that this person is capable of handling the position.

I think they should hire from outside. Hiring from within would be a mistake. There is no way that history with co-workers, and favoritism cannot play a part in a promotion from within. CDC isn't like the road. A manager is there, 'in your face', so to speak, not just a 'call me when you need me on a scene'. Someone new would start on an even playing field, and if nothing else, the position itself would require the respect. The rest of the respect has to be earned.

Just my 2 cents for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC
    Jo is a great people person, knows her stuff. I don't know, however, if she wants to end her career here as the manager. We all know that the position would change anyone who takes it, and probably not for the better. She's fried now, imagine what the position would do to her. And if she doesn't leave on time now, well, she might as well just bring her pillow and blanket to the PD.

As a side thought, someone who regularly needs to work beyond their hours may not have the best time management skills.

It is a double edged sword, hiring from inside the PD, as opposed to an outsider. The center needs fixing now, and hiring from outside would delay that, while the new person got acclimated to the position, and the PD. It would take a new person time to evaluate the environment and the people. But, a new person comes in without preconceived ideas of the personnel. A new person could take appropriate action towards those that have been allowed, for years, to work with a substandard performance. Would or could someone from inside, have the fortitude to take a senior dispatcher and put her in remedial training?

I pray that the department doesn't make the same mistakes it made when LF came on. Wash their hands of CDC once they have someone 'in charge' and responsible/answerable for what goes on in there. They were, and remained clueless as to what she was doing, or not doing. It is that autonomy that corrupted LF. She could tell the Administration anything, and they believed her, even though they heard otherwise from reliable people inside the center. They need to keep Lt. Ranieri in there, at least for 6 months, to train the new manager, to make sure that this person is capable of handling the position.

I think they should hire from outside. Hiring from within would be a mistake. There is no way that history with co-workers, and favoritism cannot play a part in a promotion from within. CDC isn't like the road. A manager is there, 'in your face', so to speak, not just a 'call me when you need me on a scene'. Someone new would start on an even playing field, and if nothing else, the position itself would require the respect. The rest of the respect has to be earned.

LF was from the outside, do you see where that got them......

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

LF was from the outside, do you see where that got them......
    And the Admin needs to learn from their previous mistakes. They have the Lt. in there now, leave him there. Don't be so quick to transfer him back to the road, to leave the new manager alone. To prevent the total power that LF had, the Admin needs to come down to CDC every day, speak with the people in the center. Let the new manager know that the door to the powers that be are open and that CDC isn't an isolated island where the Manager is King.

They need someone in that office, that knows the issues and can resolve them, not someone who is going to take years to figure out the issues and who those people are who are causing them. I do agree with you that there is alot a favoritism in the center, but I would like to think that the LT has figured out those players by now. Good luck to the person who takes the position, you have my support for taking on such a task.

Okay. So, someone from inside. Who?

How fair is it, that on one shift, no one can leave for their 10-40, as a result of a problem that arose from just one employee who would leave , and not come back. What kind of supervision is that, where the problem with the one person is not addressed and everyone else is punished?

Or the lead that never addresses issues. Who's excuse is I wasn't in the room when it happened, or I didn't see/hear it?

Or the lead who's example of dealing with subordinates is to call them a '**** head'? Thinks its 'cute'. Who has never gotten to work on time a single day in the years that I've worked there? What kind of example is that?

No. They need to hire from outside. The problems in CDC are quite obvious.

does anybody know exactly how many victims ... er, uh, I mean, people .. applied?

I dont think there is any point in arguing over whether the person should come from the inside or the outside. I can think of pros and cons from people from the outside, the same as people from the inside. I guess it would depend on who the person was from the inside, definitely none of the people that "yeah well" pointed out.

Re: Ding Dong

[quote=Anonymous][quote=employee too]
    Quote Originally Posted by "snifle, snifle":4r27886n
    Quote Originally Posted by "Thank God":4r27886n
    ...the witch is gone.
    "whipes tears from her eyes." I think thats the most beautiful piece of email I have received yet!!!!
    That's not cool to celebrate on someones misery!!!!!!! KARMA is a mother f ER!!!!!!! Now i bet there will be a bit argument on who gets her spot????? A bunch of self centered egotistical rat *******s!!!!!!![/quote:4r27886n]

It will be one of the three stooges, sorry dispatch[/quote:4r27886n]

Can u do a better job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah well
    Okay. So, someone from inside. Who?

How fair is it, that on one shift, no one can leave for their 10-40, as a result of a problem that arose from just one employee who would leave , and not come back. What kind of supervision is that, where the problem with the one person is not addressed and everyone else is punished?

Or the lead that never addresses issues. Who's excuse is I wasn't in the room when it happened, or I didn't see/hear it?

Or the lead who's example of dealing with subordinates is to call them a '. head'? Thinks its 'cute'. Who has never gotten to work on time a single day in the years that I've worked there? What kind of example is that?

No. They need to hire from outside. The problems in CDC are quite obvious.
    Never addresses the issues huh...have you noticed the issues occured when she wasn't there? And before you run your mouth those ISSUES were addressed and in writing....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast