WORKING FOR NPPD - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: WORKING FOR NPPD

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Two? My God, there was supposed to be four in the July class. What happened to the other two that were supposed to be attending the class.
    Plus what about the one who has been approached by the SSO and is giving strong consideration aboug going there?
    This whole posting as been nothing more then a bunch of bogus crap to try and make it seem like North Port is finacialy better then any other city government.
    Ok, I hope this puts the lid on anymore of "we are hiring here" bull.
    Lee, Pasco, Charlotte, Sarasota counties have all annouced that there will be no raises this year for their respective departements. Pasco went as far as to say there will be none for the next two years.

Unless we have a direct line to Ft. Knox, there will be no other hires on this department. In fact a fly on the wall of the new commission has it, cuts in staffing at the PD and the FP is inevitable with the current declining fiscal revenue .
    No bull, no joke, no crap, it is that bad with no end in sight.

LMAO, that is good, layoffs at the PD and FD. Good luck with that one. I doubt you sturring the pot is going to work but good try. Oh yeah, two new hires started this week in FTO with two that just graduated the academy starting soon.

LMAO, that is good, layoffs at the PD and FD. Good luck with that one. I doubt you sturring the pot is going to work but good try. Oh yeah, two new hires started this week in FTO with two that just graduated the academy starting soon.
    Here it comes pal, so just keep LYAO, right to the unemployement line Baghdad Bob.

http://www.sunnewspapers.net/articles/l ... 681&bnpg=0
    NORTH PORT — Are city departments adequately staffed? Are departments properly equipped? Are work flows efficient?

These are questions North Port City Manager Steve Crowell and department heads ask themselves every day. City Commissioner David Garofalo believes the city also should employ an auditor who ponders questions like these and reports directly to commission.

Here it comes pal, so just keep LYAO, right to the unemployement line Baghdad Bob.

Either some people have their heads buried in the ground, or they just can not face the truth.
    We do not have the big bucks like we did just a couple of years ago. All the high end crap that we really did not needed, (RV Command Center, cars, cars, cars ,cars, etc.) but for some we just had to have, is now going to cost us much more.

You want more proof that things are not so rosey red as you want everyone to think?
    Have McC contact the Sarasota County Technical Institute and ask how many people are enrolled in the January session Basic Law Enforcement Officer Recruit class.
    He will find (if he does not know already) that numerous departments have dropped several people from the class.
    In fact a decision is supposed to be made next week as to whether there will be a session or not do to the low class attendance.

Then again the truth is usually something our department does not like to here.

Ok you win, I will not try and counter act anymore of your wisdom. My sincere appologies.

Ok you win, I will not try and counter act anymore of your wisdom. My sincere appologies.
    HEH,HEH! Another traffic goon trying to sound like he/she knows how to debate in an intelligent manner. (Counter act.. SIC)
    Who needs the comic strips for a daily laugh when we have the, lower 5% of the sgt. exam testing freaks posting here.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by mod 352
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=55304&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=0

Please read this existing thread all the eay through that deals with that question.
    Do to the short fall in expected tax growth, there will be no new hires for any city departments in North Port. That also includes the PD. The NPFD is currently considering a law suit agains the city to get the raise that was give to them that the city is now not giving them.

The twelve officers that were supposed to be hired by the PD are......I repeat are not going to be filled. Positions that become open will not be filled through 2009. This could continue if the current slump in property sales and other tax based revinue continue to flatline or fall.

The posssiblity of cuts in personnel in all departments (including the PD and FD) with in the city are also being considered.
    Please stop giving false hope to those that are looking to become LEO.
    Pay not mind to that post, it is rumor from someone that does not know. We are completing the process of hiring 12 people. We are testing for the remaing openings which I believe is 4 now, there are 8 ready to go and almost completed. So the answer is yes we are hiring but it will be over soon. You may have missed the deadline for the test so I would call HR ASAP to see if you are on the list. Good Luck

With all that has been posted since the start of this topc, is there now twelve new officers on the department since the above post was made by the moderator in May of this year? (2008)

Have McC contact the Sarasota County Technical Institute and ask how many people are enrolled in the January session Basic Law Enforcement Officer Recruit class.
    He will find (if he does not know already) that numerous departments have dropped several people from the class.

Question about this comment from earlier post. I want become a LEO and have started my research an a few departments. Can anyone say which agencies locally will send a non certified canadate to the academy via sponsorship ? Or do I have to put myself through on my own ? Just looking for real advice as I would have to leave current job and not get paid if I had to put myself through. I know that if it's what I want it might be a sacafice so anyone that has any advice it would be great. Thanks

Man, if our department is so untouchable in budget cuts, why are we hiding our white elephant command RV at the east fire station.
    We didn't even leave the keys so the FD could move it to clean the station.
    Just keep your head stuck in the ground. It will make it easier for the budget ax to cut off.

What is the employment outlook right now for Police Officer jobs at this agency ? Are there any up coming testing dates ?

Thanks

North Port Cops suckkkkkk.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789