The Overtime Option - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks Mary for the information, if you would please watch who is getting this special OT. Sgts and LTs are all ready bragging about sucking it up, this causes several problems one being that as supervisors they feel that they don’t have to do any work when out there, when working this OT they should act like any other officer and handle anything not just what they want. Also the special money would sure go a lot further paying officers at time and half rather then paying LTs and Sgts at time and half.

The city should also change the shift/ hours of the tact unit to cover the times when officers can’t sign up for the OT instead of forcing officers to work it.

Re: What happened

Quote Originally Posted by Mary L.
    For those who weren't able to listen in to the Commission meeting tonight -

The Commission approved the $100,000 in overtime for the rest of this fiscal year. They seemed to acknowledge that it's a short term response to the public fear and outcry over the recent shootings but they did not address any kind of a Plan B if the merger falls apart.

They did approve Commissioner Vespo to act as "liaison and be intimately involved" in negotiations and they also called a special meeting next week to present their individual ideas for what they want the contract to include. Thursday the 12th at 4pm.

It's the most positive forward motion I've seen yet from the Commission on this matter. Just my opinion, but I think the prospect of cutting 10% from the Police budget, as the City Mgr and Finance Dir wants to cut from every dept. budget is just to scary to seriously consider offering to the public.

I remain optimistic.
    M.
    It sounded to me that the Mayor wants the union to kick in money if the officers want a merge. What was he talking about? It is not up to our union to save the city, by us giving away our pensions.

Plan B? If the merger doesn't go through. The PD will continue to run the way it is. We will try hard again to negotiate a new contract. It doesn't look like it is going to happen this year. Sorry folks.

Who is this Mary that is all over this board? Is she an officer, politician, or what. Does she have any experience, education, etc.? It all seems strange. I don't see these unknowns on other boards from this site.

Is it Mary or Mark? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Is it Mary or Mark? I'm confused.
    It is Mary Lindsay and she is a concerned citizen. She want the city cleaned up and the employees taken care of by the city. If that means PBSO then she is all for it. You can trust her more than you can trust some at LWPD. Thanks Mary for all you do to help us officers.

Re: SO take over

Quote Originally Posted by tact officer
    First of all there is no year wait to get on at that SO, this is a scare tactic. And the 11-hour shifts will not solve any problems, it will only satisfy the cry babies that don’t want to work 5 days in a week.

When we go SO the 11 hour days will come automatically.
    I was told directly from HR and IA at PBSO that the current wait is a year, possibly more due to THEIR BUDGET problems.

First of all there is no year wait to get on at that SO, this is a scare tactic. And the 11-hour shifts will not solve any problems, it will only satisfy the cry babies that don’t want to work 5 days in a week.

I was told directly from HR and IA at PBSO that the current wait is a year, possibly more due to THEIR BUDGET problems.

Well I work for PBSO can say you are wrong. They just hired several who processed in about 4 months

Well I work for PBSO can say you are wrong. They just hired several who processed in about 4 months
    Then why is HR telling people it's a year wait? I know several people who are processing and they were told this also.

Then why is HR telling people it's a year wait? I know several people who are processing and they were told this also.
    Who gives a F***

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast