performance pay - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: performance pay

Yeah we know 9b20

You can't help yourself can you.

Quote Originally Posted by out dem
    Yeah we know 9b20
    Hey fishlips, you always have alot to say, maybe that is why you have been bounced from so many jobs, and would not be able to be hired by any other agency. You always brag about what a tough guy you are, but we all know you are really a big coward. You owe this lady an apology, it is obvious you use this forum to hide and sling your crap, well your mouth got you in trouble again.....go figure.

Re: guest

Quote Originally Posted by UNOWHOIAM
    Quote Originally Posted by guest165
    The 165 is wrong and everyone should get merit pay. If we see our supervisors less than once a week, how can they say who gets what. Its a good ole boy system and they pick and choose who gets it and what year they get it. 165 is wrong, either everyone gets it or no one. How can you say one officer is better than another? I know Officers that hang out in their offices play on the internet most the day and get 165. Wow! what is wrong with that picture. They may not be good on their campus but a supervisor can make them look good on paper.
    I beg to differ with you I know that I am better than 65% of the other officers in this department without any doubt in my mind what so ever. But you are absolutely 1005 correct in your assertion that the 165 is a ridiculous benchmark. First of all half of the rating criteria listed on the officers yearly evaluation is difficult to quantify. And you are right on the money about the good olde boy system that is entrenched within this department. Some of these so called supervisors definitely give their officers undeserved ratings because they think that it makes them look good as a supervisor. Another reason that the 165 is bullchips is the fact that it is not perpetual, this means that it is a one time deal and it does not do a think for your pension. I could go on and on but what is the use.
    Better than 65% at what, touching yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sucker4theschedule
    All valid points, and no name calling yet, we actually can be civil. There are numerous flaws with many many things at the District for our Police Department. If we can hang in there and pull it all together it will be years before we can get what we deserve, but I am hopefull. I just dont understand how the PD could function for so many years and get away with all this. But like the Chief said look at the big picture, we have a wonderful schedule. The schedule is great, but that seems like the only plus about the job now a days. I do like working with the kids though, so I am happy, just feel we deserve a little bit more.
    Run for PBA rep, you can read, write and have some intelligence.

Re: guest

Quote Originally Posted by guest165
    The 165 is wrong and everyone should get merit pay. If we see our supervisors less than once a week, how can they say who gets what. Its a good ole boy system and they pick and choose who gets it and what year they get it. 165 is wrong, either everyone gets it or no one. How can you say one officer is better than another? I know Officers that hang out in their offices play on the internet most the day and get 165. Wow! what is wrong with that picture. They may not be good on their campus but a supervisor can make them look good on paper.
    Why did we allow this in our contract?

The Chief wants us to stay here for another 3 to 4 years for profit sharing
    for the program which never got off the ground and may never will. The Chief is in the DROP and won't be here 3 to 4 years from now. Another pipe dream. Chief, Do you make this stuff up as you go along to try to keep Officers who were or may still be loyal to you until they only got a 2% raise this year? I am sorry to see some good Officers leave, replaced by the Chief's good ole boy network as of retired Captains and Majors from other departments. Then find easy do nothing jobs for them. Some have not even paid their dues at a school. Yes, Chief, We do see the big picture. The more we look, the better it comes into focus.

You seem to have plenty to say about the man why dont you walk into his office and let him know how you feel. But you wont because you are a coward who likes to hide behind the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by SAY WHAAAAAT
    You seem to have plenty to say about the man why dont you walk into his office and let him know how you feel. But you wont because you are a coward who likes to hide behind the computer.
    With all do respect this board is an outlet for frustration, and the prior post was an example of that. They have a right to be angry if they want, and also have the right not to mention their name, just as you choose not to. Voice your ideas here please, be smart. Walking into the Chiefs office and saying things like that does nothing for anyone. Honestly, I will say it again I am happy with my job, but we do deserve more. I wish nothing but the best for everyone. But my observations have revealed the Chief "appears" to have no fight in him left for us. If I am wrong prove it. Supply FACTS of what he has done for the average Officer over the past 5 years. Maybe I am just blinded by a great schedule. Oh did I mention the schedule, and how wonderful it is?

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat is right. You said this forum is for venting then vent without directing yourself toward a particular person. Yeah the Chief could be doing more for us but remember without us there is no need for him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12