Shift Bid really messed up?!?! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Cry Babies

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    By my count over 75% of the dept. has take homes.
    Really? Care to break that down for us? By your numbers, that would mean that at least 106 officers have a take home car. Somehow that seems improbable, but I may be way off.

75% of the PD does not have a take home car...not even close

If we are so strapped for cars, why are we giving take-home cars to people that work in patrol (not in a speciality unit on call) and that live OUTSIDE of the city. That's a nice gesture but if we don't have enough cars in the fleet to run all three shifts does that really make any sense? I see officers who need to "borrow" a different cruiser everyday due to the lack cars in the fleet.....

more balls

In light of the recent changes, i'm sure well get alot of qualified candidates going out for the next sgt assessment. Maybe they'll actually be vested and have some experience and leadership skills, wait, that would never happen here. We'll get the people not really excelling at being cops but want to be in charge of things and administrate.

Why would someone with 15+ years and specialty experience assess, to loose any senority and control over scheduling? That's a big thanks for your years of service, it seems like we're going out of our way to screw over the sgts.

"""

What a bunch of whiners. Especially in a time when people are getting laid off in great numbers at least we have job security. So what if someone has a car and you don't. Sure I would like one to but I'm glad to just be employed and know that it is not going anywhere.

not the point

This isn't about the cars. This is about someone making changes just to make changes and morale can be damned for all he cares. Shaking the tree once in a while is good, but have a reason.

cars

of the 92 cars in the fleet, more than 50 are take home cars, is that not what we wanted?????

Another day, another gripe. You have group A whom is content because they have what they want. Then you have group B whom is griping because they haven't made it to group A yet. People griped about take homes, we got the radius. Now those in the radius could give a flip about those outside of it. Tough luck you chose to live where you do blah blah blah. To all those now involved in the radius that live outside of the city limits-you are getting a raise each day that gas prices continue to go up. To those not in the radius-you are losing money every day. Instead of the fuss over schedules why not start thinking about what we all can do to maximize our upcoming talks so we aren't losing our homes.

Here is a big clue on how to get at least something out of the contract...SHOW UP and support your reps during ALL the talks. Not just the first meeting. People always talk about how little or how poorly the contract and pensions are. If you do not show up you are doing nothing to help. It really does make a difference if you get a room with 75 officers in it..instead their is usually an empty room. Think about it when you type your next gripe.

Reason Enough

Plenty of reason to shake the trees! One is the Sgts have become to comfortable on their shifts. Most haven't moved in years. The new ones all had great shifts and days off. Then you have the ones that cry that they can't work a certain shift due to family issues or medical problems. Give me a break!! You wanted to be Sgt so bad now you got it so Deal with it.

I agree 70 should be booted and sent to the farm but that will not fix everything. You have 264 and 234 trying to get hardships when they haven't work anything but Eves. This dept for better or worse has always bent over backwards for the troops and I'm sure if you think about it you will remember when something was done for you to pacify your issues.

The problem with this place is that no one wants to take responsibilty and deal with the slugs, whether it be an officer or sgt or lt. Having a new sgt is not going to come near to fixing the problem. If you think for instance 129 will do anything if he even gets promoted you are sadly mistaken. People with his tenure are just looking to pad their retirement and dont give a damn about "changing things". Why do you think their sending him back upstairs and getting someone else to be acting on eves.

The point of this post is for years and years we have been spoiled and now that someone wants to change things and have the leaders make the decisions and not the troops everyone is crying. You may not like it now but in the long run it will be good for the agency. For those of you that have always gotten what you wanted from birth I can see how this would hurt.

Oh yeah, one more thing. There is no way you can argue a work schedule in negotiations!! It is based on agency needs and the Chief thankfully has that decision. Before you start attacking just think about it. Do you really want some bean counter sticking his pencil in how police operations and deployment are decided? NO WAY........... EVERYONE WILL BE OK JUST GIVE IT TIME.

Didn't check the Lt's door?

There is no acting sgt on eves. And you would know that because you just bid for shift with everyone else. Oh, wait, you're just a disgruntled used-to-be-LPD at the S.O. Nevermind.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast