WHY

Thread: WHY

WHY

does this board exist? If it were used to get information out there it would be useful. You people need to get a life. Does it ACTUALLY make you feel better to say the things you are saying? There is way too much typical human behavior going on here. Focus on the negative and ignore the many positives. Once something positive happens, instead of discussing it, most of you move on to the next topic of disgust. What miserable lives you must lead. I know, I must be a suck up (or management...no way a officer would actually like his agency); let me guess, perhaps I am a FNG. OR maybe I am an officer who has been around for 23 years, actually seen a lot, and realize just how good things really are. At least I choose to see it that way. Sure, some things could be different; but overall there is nothing else I would rather do. My supervisor treats me just fine.

Perhaps the lack of pay raises for the past 18 years overshadows the other "perks" of the job.... Probably a root cause of the sourness....

Conditions of work such as working weekends & holidays, physical assesments and other things such as accreditation, specialty units, equipement are part of the job. Accept it or move on...

In the early years I, like many others, was just happy to have a job. Then came the sad realization of stagnat salaries. I became involved, wrote letters, went to Tally, met with the Legislature, all for naught... Finally came the decision to stay or go... The timing was right and I leapt!

IMO the job is ok/good. I did it for over a decade and even survived the take over in 99 before the salary situation finally took it's toll.

Greatest job in the world if you can live on the salary.

"If it bleeds, it leads."
    "No news is good news." There's a reason for these sayings.

We all know the good parts or perks of our jobs. We are discussing options and ideas on what could be done to change the one thing management has failed to. Pay.

I agree there is alot of whining on this site,but maybe it is a good thing,it gives them a avenue to vent. I have been on for 14 years,and have come to the conclusion that what is going on now always has and always will continue. to put it simple it is what it is. hell i lost a marriage because of what i do. but that is it,BACAUSE WHAT I HAVE CHOSEN TO DO. i dont blame anyone. with that said ,i dont agree with management on alot of there silly programs,the last of wich is the lt assesment cener, i got over what i wear to work or what i drive,i just dont care anymore as long as i get a paycheck. i guess they finaly broke me.so to you yonger guys,go ahead and vent,you will end up like me or quit .but remeber this have a good time doing either one get creative and just have fun,the job is so much better that way

Re: WHY

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy
    does this board exist? If it were used to get information out there it would be useful. You people need to get a life. Does it ACTUALLY make you feel better to say the things you are saying? There is way too much typical human behavior going on here. Focus on the negative and ignore the many positives. Once something positive happens, instead of discussing it, most of you move on to the next topic of disgust. What miserable lives you must lead. I know, I must be a suck up (or management...no way a officer would actually like his agency); let me guess, perhaps I am a FNG. OR maybe I am an officer who has been around for 23 years, actually seen a lot, and realize just how good things really are. At least I choose to see it that way. Sure, some things could be different; but overall there is nothing else I would rather do. My supervisor treats me just fine.

WHY are you on here? You must not have anything else better to do. Nothing wrong with expressing ones own opinion or has that been taken away too.

THANKYOU COLONEL JONES FOR STARTING THIS THREAD.

NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU

Quote Originally Posted by FWCGFC1
    THANKYOU COLONEL JONES FOR STARTING THIS THREAD.

NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU
    She typed it on her new Lap top