TAMPA PBA CONSTITUTION & CHARTER ELECTION - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do we have a written agreement with the city or is it just verbal reference them not trying to get out of the contract.

One criticism:

... less than 24 hours notice of the informational meeting. Not good.

Re: One criticism:

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Oh no,
    Looks like they are trying to keep the constitution changes secret, not good...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Stout
    On Monday, May 19, 2008, a copy of the new proposed Constitution and By-Laws were placed in each squad folder across all three districts and Police Head Quarters. We are asking that all supervisors make that copy available to each squad member.
    Oh, wait a minute, I guess anyone that can read sees that on the 19th the information was placed in squad folders so you wouldn't have to come in on your day off, or try to get over to the meeting on duty to read this 'top secret' document. I know that there is always someone available at the new office (a refreshing change over the old WCFPBA ways) and all you have to do is stop by and they will show you whatever you want to look at. But you may be right, less than 24 hours notice of the meeting, perhaps we should go back to WCFPBA I hear they are looking for members...

Re: One criticism:

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Let me ask this again, as others have as well. Is the city only going to honor this agreement based on their "word?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Lynch
    No it will not. There is an agreement in place, approved by the Florida PBA, where the WCF-PBA has granted the Tampa PBA the authority to govern the current Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA, aka contract). This way there would be no problem with the City honoring the current CBA.

I should note that the City Administration and TPD Staff all gave assurances that there would be no problems with the CBA before the split was even made. The agreement between the WCF-PBA and Tampa PBA was more for technical reasons.

As always, if you have any questions, ask!
    Kinda sounds like the CBA is not changing at all, so there would not need to be any written agreement with the city. A written agreement with WCFPBA that we govern the contract would be nice so the WCFPBA doesn't have a change of heart down the road-sounds like that has been taken care of.

I'm sure that between Greg, Jimmie, Pat, Chip, the PBA attorneys (two of them) and the state PBA, no one thought about this. How about calling one or all of your reps and asking them. Sounds like they answered your question to me.

ADDITIONAL VOTING HOURS

Voting will also take place at the PBA office, 3010 N. Boulevard, from 1800-2000 hrs on Wednesday, May 28th.

Are the results in yet?

the results were posted on the PBA site. 99% voted for it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12