Still Short?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still Short?

Still Short?

Are you still short some PO's? Looking to go from large to smaller/mid-size place, closer to home.

Now is definatly the time to apply. Dont worry bout the B/S.. Dont make it your battle. Get a job and thank god you have one.

RUN RUN FROM THIS GOD FORSAKEN PLACE, WE ARE ALL TRYING TO LEAVE, WE HAVE FELONS RUNNING THIS PLACE. THE ONES TELLING YOU TO APPLY ARE THE STAFF. THEY DONT REALIZE THAT THEY SOON WILL HAVE TO PATROL THE STREETS. OH, YES, THEY WILL USE THE MAYORS CAR, IT HAS A BLUE LIGHT ALREADY.

I am a HGPD PO. I loved it here till the movement began. The money is not great but its what we love to do. Really! no one has left HGPD lately. I dont believe too many are trying to leave. Every Department has it's problems. Ours major ones were started by us. Thats just the truth, sorry guys. Dont mean to sound like a sell-out.
    Anyone who wants to make money in this career should go to City of Miami or a real Dept.. But be prepared to do "real" police work.
    We really don't do much here. Hence the reason we don't get paid much. Put yourself in their shoes. Would you pay someone alot to do little. And if you think there is corruption by the higher powers...So what. not your problem.

Sincerely,

Not Manny

I started this thread a long time ago. I work at a huge agency and I do real police work. I'd be lying, though, if I told you it was all it's made out to be. When I got into this career over 6 years ago, the bigger part of what I was looking for was being part of a family, a brotherhood. Where I'm at, it's non-existent. Smoke and Mirrors, bro. Tremenda mierda. I just want to work somewhere close to my home in the big city (your city without the Gardens). I don't get involved with any politics or scandals. I go in service and I hustle from start to finish. I ALWAYS make sure everyone I work with goes home the same way they came in. I have a little paper on me, but where I work, you sneeze too loud, you're on paper. I'm sure I'll take a pay cut if I get in, but I'm hoping you guys pay a little better than say, Opa Locka. They've come a long way, but that money is insane for how hard they work. I'm hoping to get in with MGPD or HGPD.

Anyway, to the HGPD PO, you guys DO do real policework. The reason you don't do much is because it's very well established that people don't go to HG to start stuff. You guys have never and will never tolerate that ruckus. I know you take pride in that. I've never heard of you guys not getting the job done when stuff breaks bad. Bro, wherever you're at, the crap hits the fan and when it comes down to it, you handle it well. That's no ego-boost bullcrap, that's real talk.

I'm in this for the same reasons as you, I'd just like to be closer to my wife, family, and community instead of going to a foreign place to work.

Be Careful and Be Safe

COME TO MIAMI PD

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 1
    I started this thread a long time ago. I work at a huge agency and I do real police work. I'd be lying, though, if I told you it was all it's made out to be. When I got into this career over 6 years ago, the bigger part of what I was looking for was being part of a family, a brotherhood. Where I'm at, it's non-existent. Smoke and Mirrors, bro. Tremenda mierda. I just want to work somewhere close to my home in the big city (your city without the Gardens). I don't get involved with any politics or scandals. I go in service and I hustle from start to finish. I ALWAYS make sure everyone I work with goes home the same way they came in. I have a little paper on me, but where I work, you sneeze too loud, you're on paper. I'm sure I'll take a pay cut if I get in, but I'm hoping you guys pay a little better than say, Opa Locka. They've come a long way, but that money is insane for how hard they work. I'm hoping to get in with MGPD or HGPD.

Anyway, to the HGPD PO, you guys DO do real policework. The reason you don't do much is because it's very well established that people don't go to HG to start stuff. You guys have never and will never tolerate that ruckus. I know you take pride in that. I've never heard of you guys not getting the job done when stuff breaks bad. Bro, wherever you're at, the crap hits the fan and when it comes down to it, you handle it well. That's no ego-boost bullcrap, that's real talk.

I'm in this for the same reasons as you, I'd just like to be closer to my wife, family, and community instead of going to a foreign place to work.

Be Careful and Be Safe
    I don’t know who you are because you didn’t sign your name to this post, but I will. I do work in a large Police Department where I am just a number. I have to disagree with you in a couple of points. The feeling of working for a large Police Department is very different. I am aware that the streets of Miami are dangerous, and I must say I love working for a Police Department where you take a 09 and get ready to run a 3, there is no better feeling when you’re a cop. You talk about a family and brotherhood. I must tell you I work with a great family and a bunch of fellow officers that would do anything for me and my family, and they have. You talk about smoke and mirrors, my friend we have no time for that; you may lose your life in a heartbeat. No smoke and mirrors where I work.
    I will tell you the difference between a small and big Department. I did love working in Hialeah Gardens. The problem with a small Department, and most of you will agree, you have that feeling like you will never retire from the place. I cannot explain it; maybe it’s the politics and the feeling that maybe some elected official may not like you and makes your life a living hell. I don’t have that feeling at Miami PD. Most of us in Miami PD about two years ago marched on city hall concerning our contract, you know what, there’s nothing the Mayor can do or say. Also, the upper mobility that I have experienced in Miami PD is second to none. I have learned how to handle every type of call or investigation that police work has to offer.
    In 18 years of being a cop, I have never bad mouth HGPD, I did love working there. Thank god I did see the future and the need to move forward and work in a large Police Department. I don’t know where you work, since you didn’t mention the Police Department, but I would hope that you make the move now, being unhappy in a profession is a slow way to unhappiness.
    Sergeant Sergio Diez
    SDIEZ@BELLSOUTH.NET
    PS: It’s sad some of the post I read in the Hialeah Gardens Message board. Like the above person stated, where is the brotherhood. Stop attacking each other.

Tried to go to Miami PD. Didn't work out. I don't regret trying through, that would've been great to work there. Looking at other options in Dade for now.

Sgt Diez, I sent you an email to further explain where I was coming from.

sergio, the problem here in HGPD is that they are trying the same tactics than on big PD. You know that can't work here. If we marched on city hall we would get nothing, because this Mayor has the entire council on his side and we would likely loose our job. We have a handful of guys that don't know when to quit and are bringing the rest down. You can't have a brotherhood when you strongly disagree with what they are doing and they do it anyways. I just want things to go back to how they were before and stop this fight we can't win. Unlike MPD you can't get lost in the shufel here but you can loose your job in a hearbeat. I hope the few listen to us and see the writing on the wall, we need to stop!!!

I just hate to see you guys (some friends) fighting each other. I do think the move from PBA to FOP was better. The PBA in my opinion only thinks brown. I’ve been reading most of the post; it doesn’t look like you guys have it easy. I also must say I did once fight the Mayor in the early 90's and we did win. Things are different now in 2008 and I will say we were united back then. I think you have some among you, that when pushed, will sell out. They know who they are, and they know I know who they are. The fun thing is, that I was their when some of you were playting both sides. But anyway, I wish some of you would post your names so I would know who I was talking to. You guys can email me, and if anyone is interested in applying with MPD, They are right now as we speak taking applications for laterals.

Sergio Diez

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast