PERRY CORMEN FOR CHIEF - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: PERRY CORMEN FOR CHIEF

Andy, several LOE and staff suggested I reply to your remarks about my leaving. I gave one weeks notice and left after being ordered to destroy a perfectly good shirt because it was one shade off some of those being worn by other volunteers even though most other shirts differ by a shade or two from each other due to constant washing. My shirt was it's original color because I only wore it twice a year in the then 11 years that I was with the PD and always had it dry cleaned. No one in Command Staff or any one else in the agency had any objection or asked me to leave and my shirt did not in any way bend the volunteer uniform rules nor did it violate or affect our accreditation effort. On the contrary, my efforts re keeping officers up to date in required uniforms, keeping our cruisers trunks up to date re AED's, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, etc. and the building fire extinguishers and many other of my duties large and small contributed in some measure to the success of our recertification. It wasn't always easy as my monthly hours sometimes exceeded those put in by officers and civilian staff which you chose not to recognize in any way. As far as my asking to come back when I supposedly realized that , as you put it, "my prima donna actions" were not acknowledged, you could not be more wrong....again. When I left, Chief Schroeder asked me to reconsider. I had every intention of not returning and was on my way to the NH to spend some time with my son. He told me not to "close the door" and that he would try to work something out during my absence and would get in touch with me upon my return. He did and informed me that he had worked it out.....I was to report only hours to you and my superiors were the training section which was who I always worked for from the day Chief Overman and Skip Brown asked me to take over the equipment cage and put it in order. Under that understanding, I gladly agreed to return to the PD since my heart was always there with all the officers and staff that I grew up with in the building. I didn't grovel, I didn't beg, I was easily convinced to return to do the job I was meant to do.
    I don't agree with some of the names you were addressed as in this blog since i know that you have done exceptional work in reorganizing the volunteer corps but I still think you are a tight assed son of a ***** and have much work to do with your people skills.......You have much to learn.
    Like you, I'm not afraid to sign my name......Perry Cormen ID4113

Thank you Perry for your many many hours-years of dedicated service to the pd. You are truly missed by all of the troops. !! Take care!!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Cormen
    Andy, several LOE and staff suggested I reply to your remarks about my leaving. I gave one weeks notice and left after being ordered to destroy a perfectly good shirt because it was one shade off some of those being worn by other volunteers even though most other shirts differ by a shade or two from each other due to constant washing. My shirt was it's original color because I only wore it twice a year in the then 11 years that I was with the PD and always had it dry cleaned. No one in Command Staff or any one else in the agency had any objection or asked me to leave and my shirt did not in any way bend the volunteer uniform rules nor did it violate or affect our accreditation effort. On the contrary, my efforts re keeping officers up to date in required uniforms, keeping our cruisers trunks up to date re AED's, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, etc. and the building fire extinguishers and many other of my duties large and small contributed in some measure to the success of our recertification. It wasn't always easy as my monthly hours sometimes exceeded those put in by officers and civilian staff which you chose not to recognize in any way. As far as my asking to come back when I supposedly realized that , as you put it, "my prima donna actions" were not acknowledged, you could not be more wrong....again. When I left, Chief Schroeder asked me to reconsider. I had every intention of not returning and was on my way to the NH to spend some time with my son. He told me not to "close the door" and that he would try to work something out during my absence and would get in touch with me upon my return. He did and informed me that he had worked it out.....I was to report only hours to you and my superiors were the training section which was who I always worked for from the day Chief Overman and Skip Brown asked me to take over the equipment cage and put it in order. Under that understanding, I gladly agreed to return to the PD since my heart was always there with all the officers and staff that I grew up with in the building. I didn't grovel, I didn't beg, I was easily convinced to return to do the job I was meant to do.
    I don't agree with some of the names you were addressed as in this blog since i know that you have done exceptional work in reorganizing the volunteer corps but I still think you are a tight assed son of a ***** and have much work to do with your people skills.......You have much to learn.
    Like you, I'm not afraid to sign my name......Perry Cormen ID4113
    Well Mr. P, as George S. Patton once said, Touche'! Perhaps I am an SOB when required, but one with integrity and honor. I guess our "heartfelt" discussion last Friday morning, as well as your apparently rehearsed apology, wasn't so heartfelt and honest after all.

Its bums like this who make this department a laughing stock and a crappy place to work. Perry was always a wonderful gentleman who worked for free by the way. How can you take a shot at a guy like that? If you do, it means that you must have gotten picked on every day of your life growing up because you were a loser. It made you want to become cop so you could obtain a postion of power and pick on people for revenge. Unfortunately, this craphole promotes and rewards this type of behavior. That is why morale sucks and people hate coming to work. Look in the mirror you bums! This place is a sinking ship and all you rats are going down with it! :devil:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12