Cops ordered off a city street
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cops ordered off a city street

Has anyone else heard that management has ordered the traffic unit to stop enforcing traffic laws on a major city street? Is that even legal? Word is that NE 3 Ave is off limits. What has happened to this department?

Apparently an assistant city manager travels that road. He has already been given a speeding ticket and doeas not want to chance another one. These idiots need to go. Patrolman should check out a radar gun and replace the motors

We are all "City of Ft. Lauderdale" Police Officers. This means that anywhere in the city is fair game for us to do our jobs. We are cops and should do our job regardless.

NE 3 Ave

I have not heard of this. When did this actually occur and who is the ACM ordering it? I will research it and find out and report it back so you have the truth. No joke, no kidding.

Hebert

NE 3 Ave

Unbelievable, isn't it? But I can verify that this is true and that the officers were indeed ordered by their supervisors NOT to enforce violations on that stretch of road. If there is any LEGAL and reasonable cause for this I'd sure like to know. (I'm sure there isn't one) And by the way, this is the Second time that this nonsense has happened. The first time was a ban from enforcing traffic on SE 17th street. (could it be because Gretsas doesn't want to risk another ticket?) All nonsense. These officers should have never been given this order as it should have been shot down by the chief's office when the call came from city hall. (But then again, when was the last time the chief's office ever said NO to this regime?)

corruption

See previous post, it is correct!!

If true, it certainly shouldn't surprise anyone.

scooter boy.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast