Actual Count - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Actual Count

Question my friends... first off I am a trooper and love visting all the state leo boards to help me get a feel to what every agency has to deal with. Now I can't believe you do not have take home vehicles. FWC, DEP, DOT, and FHP all haave take home vehicles but we are all required to respond and be on call for and assist at all state emergency situations ie. hurricains, riots, tornados, etc. This according to state law. Now my question is are you also required for these situations? I have been sent to them in the past and have seen FWC and DEP but I have never seen you all there. Now of course I know there are not many of you around the state so maybe you were there and i just never came in contact with you all. I also believe if you are not required to respond then maybe your orginization could get a law passed that would require you then you could use this as your reason and need to have a take home patrol vehicle.

yup, we are required to respond.

How can you respond quickly and protect the people of the state if you do not have a patrol vehicle at your house to leave in during a critical emergency situation??? That is insane this place is messed up then. You all need take home vehicles.

Amen and pass the butter. Want to see a cluster f*(&? Watch them getting cars together for such events. Would be alot easier if we had take homes.

Take homes

I am at FWC, we thought that you people had take homes, I have seen your investigators and worked with them and they have cars.

Investigators, sgts, lts, capts, and k9.

not regular officers

Even our mechanic and maintenance man had take homes until the recent budget shortfalls. They cannot get the maintenance man to do his job during hours so he sure ain't coming out after. We should consider it a slap in the face that they give them take homes but not the officers. Since the budget is so "tight" they should make the SGT's park their cars at the Interstates and drive their POV's to the stations like they used to have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by watermelon warden
    Even our mechanic and maintenance man had take homes until the recent budget shortfalls. They cannot get the maintenance man to do his job during hours so he sure ain't coming out after. We should consider it a slap in the face that they give them take homes but not the officers. Since the budget is so "tight" they should make the SGT's park their cars at the Interstates and drive their POV's to the stations like they used to have to do.
    If I had to guess I'd say that you probably got passed over for promotion sometime in the past....or maybe you couldn't pass the test! Which of the 7 Dwarfs are you, Itchy or *****y?

[quote=Fritz Feelgood]
    Quote Originally Posted by "watermelon warden":13ma3k5n
    If I had to guess I'd say that you probably got passed over for promotion sometime in the past....or maybe you couldn't pass the test! Which of the 7 Dwarfs are you, Itchy or *****y?[/quote:13ma3k5n]

Never tried for promotion, never took the test, could pass it though-just choose not to. I'd rather be Itchy or *****y than you Kissy, Kissy A$$ that is.

That is a valid point, by making the SGTs park their cars the money saved in gas could replace the money lost for the 6 Officer positions lost, thus the loss of no man power. We have already lost enough to new made up positions that are not needed, we sure do not need to loose more.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast