THE TRUTH ABOUT THE LAUDERHILL PD - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Administrator LEO Affairs Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    So whats this site for then? Wasn't this site created so that cops cant vent and post their opinions? I didnt post those comments but I didnt see anything wrong with them, especially the posting about the FTO's. I personally dont agree with the removal of those postings (maybe the initital post, but certainly not the post about the FTO's). And then the main moderator comes on a writes something like that? I lost all confidence in this site.
    What I was meaning to say, was go ahead and email me, I welcome all emails. If someone disagrees with a Moderator, I would rather them email me about it than them post it on the board. It is a much better way to handle it.

Mod 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 100
    So whats this site for then? Wasn't this site created so that cops cant vent and post their opinions? I didnt post those comments but I didnt see anything wrong with them, especially the posting about the FTO's. I personally dont agree with the removal of those postings (maybe the initital post, but certainly not the post about the FTO's). And then the main moderator comes on a writes something like that? I lost all confidence in this site.
    What I was meaning to say, was go ahead and email me, I welcome all emails. If someone disagrees with a Moderator, I would rather them email me about it than them post it on the board. It is a much better way to handle it.

Mod 1
    OK, well, since your on here can you evaluate the posts that our moderator recently deleted. The initial post i can understand, but the post about the FTO's wasnt bad at all. It seems that our moderator let his emotions get the best of him and influenced his decision to erase those threads. Thanks for your time.

must say that I agree

I agree and dont think those threads should have been taken away. So your saying we can only post things that dont offend the moderator? I thought the moderator was supposed to be neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD 426
    Thank you Lorraine for what you said. To the officer who wrote that trash. I know who you are now. I have read so many of your reports and memos. You make the same punctuation and spelling mistakes like clockwork. Stay off this forum.
    You have no right threatening officers, especially since your supposed to be one of us. Your threatening the officer that wrote those threads! WHY? Isnt it his/her right to post opinions and vent issues within this agency. Isnt that what this was for? I read the thread and it appeared OK. A little strong, but were mostly true. The worst part is you pretended to know who the officer was that posted this stuff in an apparent effort to stop him/her from posting concerns. I DONT AGREE WITH THAT AT ALL.

Dont let your personal feelings interfere with your job or give up the moderator position to someone that can handle it.

Re: Coward

Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine Szczepanik
    You people absolutely kill me!!! Whoever you are, and obviously you haven't been around long enough...you are a coward for not putting your name to your words (which you need some help with because your writing is atrocious, if you ever worked for me we'd have problems with your reports). I agree with the moderator who is sick to his/her stomach about these posts. I don't even know where to begin...
    First of all...Mike Cochran, John Rhames, Tundra King, and Rick Rocco all worked the road many years ago. Let's get the history lesson right, in the beginning, there were no supervisors at Lauderhill Police Department, everyone was equal (even the chief, Mike Scott, didn't want to be called 'Chief' - in fact he used to say "Just call me Mike"). Then there was what we called LPO's (Lead Police Officers), then we had sergeants and so on.
    Whatever you feel about certain individuals at the department is your business, it really sucks and says alot about your character that you would trash the administration like that and not put your name to it or get the facts straight. How very unprofessional of you to call them unprofessional and unfit when you lead by example!!
    I, like everyone else, has my own opinions about certain people and how they supervise but I learned many, many years ago (23 to be exact) that you never air your dirty laundry in public and you never publically trash a supervisor, you must learn to pick your battles and you, GUEST, have lost yours!!
    I have worked with just about all of the administration presently at Lauderhill Police Department, either along side of them or for them and if I ever had a problem I went to whomever it was with and it was handled. Frankly, if you are so unhappy and feel your administration is that incompetent, why don't you leave? Is it that maybe another agency won't hire you?? I was unhappy once upon a time at that department and I left because I had too much respect for myself to continue my employment there. I absolutely miss the officers that worked for me and many of the supervisors that worked along side me they are some of the best people I know and I would do anything for them, that's why I have to stand up and voice my opinion..I however had a problem with the administration that was there at that time and they knew it because I told them!!!
    To trash your FTO's and training department is sickening to me..how embarrassing for others to read. You have no respect for others, or your department to embarrass them like that. Keep your opinions to yourself is they are that bad. Bill Gordon has been with the department for too many years and given way too much to be trashed like that. Darryl King, whatever you think of him, is someone I would and have entrusted my life to and he has never let me down the best partner I ever had!! All those FTO's you trash, Abrahams, Merenda, Pendergrass, and all those others you trash, are good people regardless of what you think...have you told them that you think they suck as FTO's, I think not. Granted there are quite a few officers that I do not know and I can't speak for them..but those that worked for me and with me, have a great work ethic. Everyone makes mistakes but they are not crucified for their entire lives for it. I have made many mistakes and I am sure there are people who have their own opinions about me, good bad or indifferent, and those that know me know that they can come to me with whatever the issue is and discuss it. I dare you to say these things to the faces of those that you are so blatantly trashing, I would buy front row seats to see that!!
    The Lauderhill Police Department is not perfect, hell no agency is including my own, but if you have these many complaints then why do you stay? If your supervisors and trainers are that incompetent, then why do you stay? Grow a sack for goodness sakes instead of being so disgruntled!!!
    I however am not a coward and challenge you to sign your name to your next post...If you have a problem with anything I've said then you can come to me, I'm real easy to find I'm on the radio everyday 4Y5 in Lakes..or better known as ex-Sgt. Szczepanik #104 Lauderhill Police Department.
    Dont you have your own agency to talk about?

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 1

Mod 1
    OK, well, since your on here can you evaluate the posts that our moderator recently deleted. The initial post i can understand, but the post about the FTO's wasnt bad at all. It seems that our moderator let his emotions get the best of him and influenced his decision to erase those threads. Thanks for your time.
    Normally when a Moderator deletes a thread or a post it is gone forever. In this case Mod 426 moved the Thread to a Temporary Holding area and asked me to review it.

The very first Post in the Thread was a very detailed critique of some administrators. This Post would have been fine to stay, except for the fact that their were some "allegations" of wrong doing about named Law Enforcement Officers in it. Now, don't jump on me, I use the term "allegations" only because there is no "sufficient proof or reference posted with it. This violates the Terms of Use, especially when made by an Anonymous poster.

Without these allegations this post would probably have been ok. It was someone posting their opinion about the different administrators. What would have even made it better, would have been to refer to them by rank only.

You could then offer your opinions, without getting personal of these individuals and probably, most of you fellow officers would know who you are referring to, but, the public would not. This would help prevent complaints and greatly reduce the possibility of a violation of the Terms of Use.

Using someone's name is not a violation of the Terms of Use, it is the Context in which it is used that makes it a violation or not. It's just easier to avoid a Terms of Use violation when you don't use a person's name.

That was the first post in the thread. When the first post in a thread violates the Terms of Use, there is not an easy way to remove it and allow the other posts to remain. Can it be done? Yes. Does Mod 426 know how to do it? Probably not. It's rather complicated. I can do it. I never have, because usually when the first post in a thread is a violation and you do remove it, the rest of the posts don't make any sense.

There were a few posts between that one and the FTO one. Some were okay, there was one notable violation with the use of Profanity. Shame shame Vic......

The FTO Post. That one also contained violations of the Terms of Use. What constituted a violation was calling Named Officers "Incompetent," profanity, allegations of padding stats, and getting personal with name calling.

Again, if you want to offer a critique of FTOs that might not be flattering and you don't want to do it face to face, you might want to consider doing it without their name.

I apologize for this post being so long.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

I agree and dont think those threads should have been taken away. So your saying we can only post things that dont offend the moderator? I thought the moderator was supposed to be neutral.
    Just a little warning to the poster who posted these 2 posts. Please read the Terms of Use. Especially the section about posting as someone that you are not.

Both of these posts were made by the same poster back to back but, with an hour between them. One post is basically posting "As a different Guest" offering a supporting opinion to the first one.

This is a game/violation of the Terms of Use that I do not take lightly. Please do not continue to do this.

Thanks,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

Terms Of Use

Re: Coward

Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine Szczepanik
    You people absolutely kill me!!! Whoever you are, and obviously you haven't been around long enough...you are a coward for not putting your name to your words (which you need some help with because your writing is atrocious, if you ever worked for me we'd have problems with your reports). I agree with the moderator who is sick to his/her stomach about these posts. I don't even know where to begin...
    First of all...Mike Cochran, John Rhames, Tundra King, and Rick Rocco all worked the road many years ago. Let's get the history lesson right, in the beginning, there were no supervisors at Lauderhill Police Department, everyone was equal (even the chief, Mike Scott, didn't want to be called 'Chief' - in fact he used to say "Just call me Mike"). Then there was what we called LPO's (Lead Police Officers), then we had sergeants and so on.
    Whatever you feel about certain individuals at the department is your business, it really sucks and says alot about your character that you would trash the administration like that and not put your name to it or get the facts straight. How very unprofessional of you to call them unprofessional and unfit when you lead by example!!
    I, like everyone else, has my own opinions about certain people and how they supervise but I learned many, many years ago (23 to be exact) that you never air your dirty laundry in public and you never publically trash a supervisor, you must learn to pick your battles and you, GUEST, have lost yours!!
    I have worked with just about all of the administration presently at Lauderhill Police Department, either along side of them or for them and if I ever had a problem I went to whomever it was with and it was handled. Frankly, if you are so unhappy and feel your administration is that incompetent, why don't you leave? Is it that maybe another agency won't hire you?? I was unhappy once upon a time at that department and I left because I had too much respect for myself to continue my employment there. I absolutely miss the officers that worked for me and many of the supervisors that worked along side me they are some of the best people I know and I would do anything for them, that's why I have to stand up and voice my opinion..I however had a problem with the administration that was there at that time and they knew it because I told them!!!
    To trash your FTO's and training department is sickening to me..how embarrassing for others to read. You have no respect for others, or your department to embarrass them like that. Keep your opinions to yourself is they are that bad. Bill Gordon has been with the department for too many years and given way too much to be trashed like that. Darryl King, whatever you think of him, is someone I would and have entrusted my life to and he has never let me down the best partner I ever had!! All those FTO's you trash, Abrahams, Merenda, Pendergrass, and all those others you trash, are good people regardless of what you think...have you told them that you think they suck as FTO's, I think not. Granted there are quite a few officers that I do not know and I can't speak for them..but those that worked for me and with me, have a great work ethic. Everyone makes mistakes but they are not crucified for their entire lives for it. I have made many mistakes and I am sure there are people who have their own opinions about me, good bad or indifferent, and those that know me know that they can come to me with whatever the issue is and discuss it. I dare you to say these things to the faces of those that you are so blatantly trashing, I would buy front row seats to see that!!
    The Lauderhill Police Department is not perfect, hell no agency is including my own, but if you have these many complaints then why do you stay? If your supervisors and trainers are that incompetent, then why do you stay? Grow a sack for goodness sakes instead of being so disgruntled!!!
    I however am not a coward and challenge you to sign your name to your next post...If you have a problem with anything I've said then you can come to me, I'm real easy to find I'm on the radio everyday 4Y5 in Lakes..or better known as ex-Sgt. Szczepanik #104 Lauderhill Police Department.
    Dont you have your own agency to talk about?

You obviously don't know me very well and didn't read my initial posting. I said that "no agency is perfect, including my own". I do not air my dirty laundry in public nor will I trash a fellow officer or administrator. I simply voiced my opinion in reference to a posting. I might be mistaken but I thought this forum was not about talking of other people's deficiencies and making accusations about them, but to DISCUSS LEO related issues.

Thank you Lorraine for what you said. To the officer who wrote that trash. I know who you are now. I have read so many of your reports and memos. You make the same punctuation and spelling mistakes like clockwork. Stay off this forum.
    You have no right threatening officers, especially since your supposed to be one of us. Your threatening the officer that wrote those threads! WHY? Isnt it his/her right to post opinions and vent issues within this agency. Isnt that what this was for? I read the thread and it appeared OK. A little strong, but were mostly true. The worst part is you pretended to know who the officer was that posted this stuff in an apparent effort to stop him/her from posting concerns. I DONT AGREE WITH THAT AT ALL.

Dont let your personal feelings interfere with your job or give up the moderator position to someone that can handle it.
    First, you do not know what it is like to be the moderator for this forum. You have very few officers visit this site to be constructive and helpful. Vic, LG and Lorraine are prime examples. It may be that years of service or maturity might have something to do with it but they visit this site for the right reasons. Then you have some anonymous guests who visit because they have issues that they would like to express and they get trashed. Lastly you have the anonymous guests who only visit this site to bash, trash, embarrass and accuse. I happen to know who one of them are now because I recognize his writing style among other things that gave him away. Did I threaten him in any way? No, I told him to stay off this forum because he is being a nuisance.

I removed those posts for several reasons and one of them had nothing to do with my emotions. The reasons that MOD 1 listed plus if I let those posts about the FTOs stay, every one of those FTOs would have been posting very not nice things on here and my job would have been a lot harder. It is hard working amongst officers who have such hard feelings for each other when every one of them have such good strengths. Every officer that can last a year in Lauderhill becomes one of the best in the county and even the state. I do not know why you feel the need to bash each other. I am tired of it and I know it is only a few officers doing it. Can you tell me why you think it is fair that these officers get bashed? Is it a lack of self esteem in the officer who is posting these comments? Maybe incompetence, envy or cowardice? Help me to understand.

As a moderator, I have had to remove some real nasty and some not so nasty posts. I remove them when they violate terms of use. The poster of some of these posts that I have removed should be very thankful that I removed them. Part of the reason I remove them is to protect the poster from potential civil or criminal liabilities in some of the cases. It has not happened yet but why give anyone a chance to try. Just use common sense because that is what the terms of use are based on. If your post is meant to anger or embarrass someone, it just might be a violation. I do not enjoy removing your posts so just use your heads please.

I was going to stay out of this one, but I changed my mind.

There is no threat there what so ever. Any LEO that has been through any type of academy can see that.

The posts were removed because Mod 426 felt like they contained violations of the Terms of Use. Mod 426 sent them to my private area to review just to make sure they were making the right decision.

If Mod 426 was deleting the posts just because they didn't like the posts or anything like that, they would have just deleted them. Then I would never have seen them nor would I have been able to review them. They would have been gone forever.

This board is not meant to be a slam site. You can give critiques and opinions of Administration, but you need to try to keep it constructive and try to leave personal attacks out of it.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

Terms Of Use

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast