Contract '07 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Contract '07

Re: Contract '07

Where's our contract? Anyone seen or heard anything?

Oh Natey Ingram PBA Boy, you are our biggest ally. They know how inept you are.

Our members know where our contract stands and are standing strong behind the board.

They know what you are about and what you stand for, especially since you failed to properly represent the three officers that lost their jobs. Everyone remembers you wouldn't even give them an attorney, not that they would want one of yours.

With your SEIU guys out there, we just signed up 6 new members for IUPA giving us almost 100% membership. Thanks for the help and push.

The least you could do is hire some people that look like officers, not dirtballs like yourself.

By the way did Brevard County hire you as a "reserve" deputy yet. NOT.

Dear Port St Lucie Police Officers Assn, I.U.P.A. Local 6015 Member,

Congratulations. :lol: :lol: The contract has been tentatively agreed to. We will be bringing it to you for a vote on 10/27/08. The City Council will vote on it the that same night.

With the approval by the bargaining unit and the city council, you will have your retro pay in the 11/13/08 paycheck.

The pay raises, increases and lump sum average about 6.9% to 9.5% each year. Yes, 6.9% to 9.5% each year for three years. Instead of waiting until your anniversary date to receive your full raise, your receive one part of it each October 1st and the second part on your anniversary date (IUPA only has this payment benefit). 8)

:lol: In addition, I.U.P.A. negotiated 100% full disibility pay when injured on duty (the PBA bargaining units currently do not have this benefit). Most other police departments receive 66-2/3% when injured on duty like we did prior to this contract. This was a huge, huge benefit for us. This will help protect our members when most needed.

Having an attorney at the bargaining table helped us with many wording changes that didn't protect in prior contracts. It really does pay to have a labor attorney at the bargaining table instead of a staff representative like before. :snicker:

Yes, I'm sure you are glad you made the switch to I.U.P.A.. It did take a year to negotiate this contract, but it well worth the wait.

This switch has made us stronger and more united than ever before.

We thank you for your patience, understanding and most importantly, your support. Without your continued support, we couldn't have done this. Thanks again.

Sincerely,
    Jim Weinert
    VP, PSLPOA, Local 6015 IUPA

I want to thank the fine job the I.U.P.A. Negotiating Team did in securing our contract. It does make a difference when their is a labor attorney at the bargaining table. We never had that when we were with the old union (PBA).

Thanks again for protecting our best interests and securing the additional benefits that the PBA couldn't get for their Sergeant or Lieutenant Bargaining Units. I'm sure they will be riding on our coat tails to get what we already secured.

Once again, thanks for everything you did and especially looking out for our best interests. I'm now convinced, IUPA was the best decision we made in looking out for us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123