Contract '07
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Contract '07

Contract '07

This is the official thread for contract stuff!

If you have questions, shoot! Keep in mind that sensitive info will not be discussed in the public forum. Use private messages for that.

IUPA Local 6015

Whats the new word, we lookin good or am I lookin better in green?

too early to tell? one thing for certain...AC has no love for you or me

Thank you....

Had to say thanks to all the PSL brothers who called me tonight on the phone, to say "thanks for the job we are doing with the contract" and that they are behind us 100%... Im tellin ya I apologize to all the previous reps for not being there during the negotiations of contracts past.

It DOES mean alot knowing the guys and gals behind you in that Godforsaken room are there for the same reason. I know that life happens...so if you didnt make it today...make it next time.

It meant alot to hear from some of you though actually interested in what happened...the board is really pulling out every stop to make sure we all get a fair shake at this thing.
    We have been in the trenches trying to get this thing pointed in the right direction, and still getting blocked on alot.

We are close on alot of things...not so close on a couple of BIG items. I hope that the leaders of the city can have the fortitude to see what is important and right for this city to remain our home.

Again....thank you. We took an important stand today. We WILL see this through, because of the strength we have found in our unity and brotherhood.

The meeting yesterday left me "cautiously optimistic"...

Thanks for those of you who come out. Please continue to do so...and bring a friend or two. Next negotiation is 5/29 9AM City Hall 3rd Floor training room.

AC & HR Director

Is it true that the AC received a 32% payraise/increase in his salary amounting to $27,000 in two years ???? :x

Is it true that the HR Director received a 59% increase amounting to over $37,000 in just a little over two years ???? :x

If this is true, this stinks. What would the people that work at WalMart think. These raises are more that what most full time employees make at WalMart. :evil:

They sure seem to have money for their select few. :roll:

Time for a no-confidence vote on the AC to send a message that we do not respect him. :lol:

probably true for the most part, welcome to politics, maybe working at walmart would be less stress and more respect and apprecation

but hey if you really want to change things in your life financially you could go golfing & rub elbows with them & maybe you could get a raise

just the way it works & always has

Concerned Officer

In response to your posting, the following is from a very recent public records request regarding the AC:

On 1/12/04 his salary was $ 99,944
    On 4/13/06 ---------------- $115,024 (also received a $5,000 bonus)
    On 1/12/08 ---------------- $137,134
    This comes out to a

19.2% raise/increase, If you figure in the above bonus, it is 21.6% since 4/13/06 (less than two years), plus a $500 per month car allowance

Now for the Human Resource Director:

On 9/1/05 her salary was $57,948
    On 1/1/06 ----------------- $75,004
    On 1/1/08 ----------------- $95,284
    A 64.4% raise/increase or an extra $37,336 increase in three years, or 27% in the last two years , plus $350 per month car allowance.

The above figures were based on figures given to us by the city when we asked for a public records request. This information was current as 4/28/08.

Concerned officer, I hope this answers your question.

IUPA contract team

I want to thank all of you that sit at the table it is a tough job and it needs tough people. The stand that you all took on the 8th was outstanding. A line needed to be drawn and you all had the courage to do it. :twisted: Now it is up to the members. Stay strong and united. Call your friends and family and have them call the council. We deserve what we are asking for and now it is time for the city to reward those who make Port St. Lucie the safest city for seven years and it looks like we tied this year also. Good work.

Hopefully everyong can stay strong and continue to be patient. Our people at the table are doing a good job and I hope it continues.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast