Sheriff's race - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sheriff's race

All I can say is Levins sounds like he will be a MICRO MANAGER from his video's. Great idea using todays technology for your campaigning, however, in my opinion, not done very well. Word of advise, don't slam cops. Every cop is going to speed. Its been that way forever. Take care of that issue with the abuser's of speed when you are in charge. There are more important things that the voter's and employees are concerned about than micro managing.

Just curious. Is Donnie Yates also going to be on his administration?

For the Record

All you hear about is how impressive Levins' resume is, well, let me just say about the videos, if you are going to go through the trouble of trying to make videos, please don't read off the paper in front of you. That looks truly unprofessional. But hey, it was the great staff at OCSO that would have taught me that particular tidbit about public speaking. Hmmm, maybe you should have learned something from the great Mary Ann Dana LEVINS~ We are not impressed!

bad move

How many of us have been going to lunch when an accident call comes in...sig 4 unknown injuries unknown roadblock..you bet your ass we haul butt trying to get to the injured and help them.. once a Deputy gets on scene and radios us letting us know there are no injuries or roadblock we no longer need to run code and we stop and continue what we doing..going to lunch. i can see how an average citizen may see us blow a light and then turn into subway and be pissed because they think we are misusing our authority.. but according to Levins ...He has years of experience and he should know better.. hold on my brothers and sisters we are in for a miserable election year..and Mr. Levins I for one am an honorable woman who in no way holds myself higher than anyone. i do not feel that i am perfect or above the law in any way as a matter of fact if i could come up with a filtering devise somewhere between my mind and my mouth i would be a better person in general but i dont expect the citizens of okeechobee to be perfect either. there are thousonds of times we give warnings to people and just as many times that we dont stop them at all for a small infraction. trust me if every speeder got a ticket we would not be complaining about getting a raise. i for one hold myself and family accountable for our actions and our words.. please remember this the next time you try to bring shame on my department and my profession. there are more honorable ways to run a race..look into them please for all of our sakes.

videos

well i have watched the video's..

sounds like some of you are wanting to use your trump card already, i would have to agree with him, why would you race to breakfast???

I also see that he has posted some job interviews on his web site, wonder if the nurse will apply for jail administrator???

Well now

Lets just say this, it is quite presumptious for Levins to post these positions considering that he is not going to be Sheriff of this county. Not only in this election, but is quite questionable for the next one either. And as far as his political affiliations may stand, please, I would rather have a freakin Rosier in there running the jail, than to have Ronnie throwed out, and one of his assumed political allies(Levins) in there. Give me a break, everyone knows Levins' political aspirations are a joke, and most of Okeechobee County just wishes he would run in Glades County and get out of our faces. And throw out LaFlam? Geez he could run for Sheriff and beat him, are you kidding me? And Road Patrol Supervisor as well? Capt. Slay would walk all over you as well. And Administration Supervisor, what the hell is that, I thought that was the Sheriff??!!! Another way of making yourself look like an ass Mr.Levins, congats. You do a great job, and by the way, Spanky is going to spank that ass next term too. Waste some more money. He hehehehehe ; Run for Glades County you have a better chance! And those people you think are doing you so much good within the dept. take those a**hole's with you, cuz we know who they are, and don't want them anyway. Put them to work in Glades, yeah that is what you do. Bye Bye Now Oh good thing there is a disclaimer at the end of that page!! ROFLMAO

And to the undereducated individual that watched the videos, (oh I really hope you were not THAT impressed, cuz if you were I pity you)(OUCH!!) That is not a trump card, that is just stupidity, and if that is a "TRUMP CARD" it leaves a lot to be desired! PUHHHHLLLLEEEEAAAAZZZZEEEE, Get a freakin life, there is not a soul in theis county that does not speed. And I am quite sute Levins' himself, does as wll, beings that he has to drive all the way from Wh*re Haven to Chobee, and I am quite sure that he has used the same exact "trump card" as well to get his own self out of a speeding ticket. No one is squeaky clean, and no one is a saint.

Oh and by the way, jerk, is the nurse did apply for Jail Administrator, I am sure she would make a damn good one. According to Levins' supporters, she is running it anyway. LOL Well it ain't gone under yet. ROFLMAO Hell why not let her run for Sheriff?? Bet that would get dome folks moving.... Better yet, let her run as UnderSheriff and her hubby run for Sheriff. Oh wait, then everyone would be beat out, cuz you know how many Palm Beach Yankees live in Chobee now, keep messin with folks, you will get what you want....Peace Out.....

are you crazy?

First of all let me say... The Deputies had to vote in a UNION just to get some representation in this county... Second, Wheres the money? Uhhh Its in the Secretaries paycheck or did you all forget that? It sounds like a bunch of whining was going on, and all the people who are complaining that they cant live on or support their families on what they are making are forgetting just that.

It looks to me that when a person comes from the "outside" ( which is exactly what Paul May was also, ( what experience did he have running a Department? ) and makes observations, everyones quick to be offended. Why?

You all like the way its been going the past 4 years I suppose, Thats why about 10 people have left to go to other agencies... right?

Someone mentioned Micromanaging, well, I think that installing video and audio in the Deputy room, and having your boy monitor everyones laptops might qualify as just that...
    Dont knock a guy for making an observation thats proably true, and for trying to bring a little morality to a department thats needed it for a long time, now whos married to whose ex wife this week, and whos sleeping with whos husband/wife/daughter/son/inlaw, take your pick.. its all true and it all goes on in the department...

Tom Levins would be the best thing to happen to this department in a very long time.. and if you all choose to stay with what youve got, then stop complaining, cause the rest of us who think a change would be good, dont wanna hear it.. so stick with what ya got and watch the money keep getting filtered to the top while the rest beg and plead for overtime... 4 more years of the same, sure, why not..

SHERIFF MAY/FORMER TROOPER MAY

I WORKED WITH TRP MAY BACK IN THE 70S. HE AND TROOPER PAUL BRAMLET WERE TWINS : ) I COULD TELL YOU A MILLION STORYS ABOUT PAUL MAY.....

Re: are you crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by guestgirl
    First of all let me say... The Deputies had to vote in a UNION just to get some representation in this county... Second, Wheres the money? Uhhh Its in the Secretaries paycheck or did you all forget that? It sounds like a bunch of whining was going on, and all the people who are complaining that they cant live on or support their families on what they are making are forgetting just that.

It looks to me that when a person comes from the "outside" ( which is exactly what Paul May was also, ( what experience did he have running a Department? ) and makes observations, everyones quick to be offended. Why?

You all like the way its been going the past 4 years I suppose, Thats why about 10 people have left to go to other agencies... right?

Someone mentioned Micromanaging, well, I think that installing video and audio in the Deputy room, and having your boy monitor everyones laptops might qualify as just that...
    Dont knock a guy for making an observation thats proably true, and for trying to bring a little morality to a department thats needed it for a long time, now whos married to whose ex wife this week, and whos sleeping with whos husband/wife/daughter/son/inlaw, take your pick.. its all true and it all goes on in the department...

Tom Levins would be the best thing to happen to this department in a very long time.. and if you all choose to stay with what youve got, then stop complaining, cause the rest of us who think a change would be good, dont wanna hear it.. so stick with what ya got and watch the money keep getting filtered to the top while the rest beg and plead for overtime... 4 more years of the same, sure, why not..

OK we had to wote in a union yes, and yes there are things that are behind times within the Dept. But where is the money?? Why don't you ask your county commissioners? They are the ones that approve our funding, they are the ones that cut our funding, and they cut our raises. Do you really think Levins will be different when it is not the Sheriff that is doing it but the County Comissioners? Why don't you vote the real decision makers out of office and replace them? That is where the problem is lying, but you place blaim where it does not belong, and yeah we all know Juanita got a raise, big deal. Get over it. You did get money, you got a bonus, that was equal to what your raise would have been. Again, the Sheriff only submits his budget to the county, and they approve it. Why don't you picket on some of there behinds? They are the ones that are clueless as to what LEO's in general go through, whether it is on the road or in the jail, and they really don't give a damn. Paul May does care, and as for being an outsider, I hardly consider him to be an outsider as he has been in and out of this jail we have probably longer than you have been breathing dear

It is hard for everyone everywhere to make a living right now in this economy. PERIOD. Go to the real source. I think it was a good thing that the union finally got voted in, it should have been done the last time we all voted. But it was not, now the county commissioners have to recognize that there will be changes in our dept. that they will have to answer to and tend to as well, there will be no more sweeping us under the rug when we are the ones risking our lives to make this county safe for them and everyone else. We have made a huge triumph! Be glad and embrace that, but place the blame where it is due, please. COUNTY COMMISSIONERS!!! Governor Charlie Christ. Raise hell with them, that is where ya money went baby. And Levins can't change that

Whomever the Sheriff may be should be jumping up and down on the desks of Every County Commissioner that has a say in the budget for the Sheriffs Office. When preparing a Budget, he should be factoring in raises for his people, not trying to keep it the same. I dont know if you know, but this county has reserves ( thanks to George Long) and that money could be paying your Electric Bill,, However, if no one is asking for it, It stays right where its at... In the county Commssioners Hands... If someone cares about their employees, they do what it takes to get them to stay. They do what it takes to get them the money... and thats not happening right now. He should be at EVERY meeting asking for money for his people... He should be letting the citizens of Okee know just how much he needs to give his people the raises they deserve..

Sounds Like

It sounds like you really just have a lot of animosity towards the Sheriff, and the administration as a whole. I am very sorry you are so miserable in your job. Maybe you can go to work in Glades County with Levins if you like him that much. I am sure he is looking for new folks all the time. Some people you can never make happy and you sound like one of them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast