TPD dispatch polygraph questions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TPD dispatch polygraph questions?

I have just applied for a communications officer position and have been accepted. Does anyone know the polygraph questions they ask you?

Ever department is different. I had to take a 50 page questionnaire with all kinds of questions about crimes, drug usage, if you get your jollies setting fires, beastiality, etc.

The biggest question you should be aware of is the fact that the examiner WILL ask you if you've researched polygraphs, how to beat them, how polygraphs are used, have you asked anyone about polygraphs, etc. So be wary of trying to do your own research in preparation for one.

Just be honest, calm and forthright and you shouldn't have a problem.

tests

If we told you the questions that would be cheating. Why is it such a big deal anyway ???? If you dont have anything to worry about then go take the test.

I am not trying to cheat or anything. I am an angel and have never done wrong. But I just like to have all the info I can because this is a big deal for me. I've spent about $1000 flying to and from FL to secure this position and I don't want some stupid polygraph to give a false neg.

Also does anyone know if you can do the medical exam out of state or maybe within a day of the poly?

Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Officerwiu
    I am not trying to cheat or anything. I am an angel and have never done wrong. But I just like to have all the info I can because this is a big deal for me. I've spent about $1000 flying to and from FL to secure this position and I don't want some stupid polygraph to give a false neg.

Also does anyone know if you can do the medical exam out of state or maybe within a day of the poly?

Thanks everyone

http://www.wikihow.com/Cheat-a-Polygrap ... e-Detector)

That link worked great for me!!! It was a real life saver. Those Polygraphs are an absolute farse.

Quote Originally Posted by Officerwiu

Thanks everyone

Every department is different... it depends on what medical provider your potential department uses... could be a local medical clinic, health department, doctor on retainer, etc.

General questions are great, but just keep in mind that whatever you ask, you will get all kinds of different answers. There are too many variables between departments.

Again, if you are truthful and relaxed, you will pass. A "false positive" is so far-fetched... try not to stress about it.

I have also applied for the comm tech position. I turned in my paper work on thurs. Does anyone know how long it takes to run the background and have the background officer call to setup an appointment?

Give it sometime. It took the PD about 5 days to call me.

TPD's communications polygraph really isn't much of anything to sweat. They spend about an hour setting up, during which time they give you a little pamphlet to fill out asking the general background questions (i.e. drug usage, criminal history, discovered and undiscovered crimes, etc) and once in the polygraph the interviewer will go over each question with you before the program starts and makes sure that you're comfortable and that everything is understood.
    There's really only a few that they ask, mainly again, drug usage, would intentionally cause harm to another out of anger, honesty in the packet, and loyalty... all yes and no questions. It's pretty basic and as long as you stay calm and don't (be it intentionally or unintentionally) alter your breathing patterns (such as taking deep breaths or holding your breath especially) you should be alright. When I went through they didn't use the motion pad that you have to sit on, so it was only the finger clip that monitors your sweat glands, the arm cuff for blood pressure, and the apparatus that wraps around your chest to monitor breathing.
    Anyway, if they're using the same guy still as when I went through then he will make certain that you're comfortable and is very good-natured and layed back.

What is your favorite variety of potato chip?
    What is your favorite soda?
    What is your favorite pizza topping?
    What is your favorite TV show?
    How many cops do you want to bang before you leave?

....you get the idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast