Why - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why

Good Job to PPD, TCSO and FDLE on the recent arrests. Please keep it up and the pressure on.

Hey PPD,
    Now, it has been some time since I worked there in North Florida as an LEO. I am now down in Central Florida fighting the good fight still as an LEO. I have noticed several posts by the "Curious One" questioning the drug arrests and stats. The stats were questionable in regard to why they were so low in previous years but it appears they are up for this year. PPD has had some tragedies and some changes and drug arrests do fluctuate for many reasons. Keep up the good fight and hang in there through the politcal season. This too shall pass as they say.

To the Curious One,
    Aside from drug arrests made on traffic stops and encounters with citizens that lead to arrests, the drug units I work with and have worked with typically are actively making cases. However, when working "dope" it is often prudent to hold off making arrests and serving warrants for some time in order to protect informants as well as following up on leads. Keep this in mind when questioning stats. You should also add a thanks in there to these brave officers who are fighting the good fight while you look down your nose and question their efforts. Edwin Burke said this once, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." What have you done lately in comparrison to these officers in blue and green other than question them? I suggest you take up a badge and gun and walk a day the boots we wear. If not, a thanks will suffice while for what we do for you for next to nothing in pay.

Stay safe all

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123