Eliminations
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eliminations

Eliminations

What's with the rumor that some of your civilian positions are going to be outsourced?

not a rumor , fact. The administration feels cutting departments will be good for the department.

I am sorry, but I live in Temple Terrace, can someone explain what they are going to cut? I will be very angry if you are cutting my police and fire services.

eliminations

during a city budget workshop, a porposal was put forth ( and negotiations are currently ongoing)by the police department to outsource police records and ttpd police and fire communications to the HCSO. this would either be accomplished or not by 9/30/08 if certain protocols could be met. I would recommend to anyone interested to please contact the city clerk and obtain a copy of the minutes of the tuesday 4/28/08 budget workshop/policy meeting so that there is no miscommunication of items discussed. the minutes should partially discuss potential money savings to the city in the future. I believe that this will impact TTPD's service to the citizens of Temple Terrace, and could potentially pose officer safety issues. I encourage citizens of Temple Terrace to do their research and contact city council and the mayor with any concerns you may have. A well inform public is the true decision maker in government. Soon your call for assistance could go to 8th ave and 22nd in Ybor, rather then City Hall cboss@tampabay.rr.com

you must be kidding, who in their right mind would suggest such a thing? lose our own people for county people? idiocy!!!!!! HCSO would be the worst idea yet.

Just another instance of your admin working for YOU.

It is one step closer to our policemen becomnig deputies. Once we start giving up our services, we won't be getting them back.

I lived in the County, it takes a long time for the Sheriffs Office to get here on a call. When we were annexed into the City, I became spoiled to how quickly we can get police and fire here. I would hate to loose that.

Keep CITY Emergency Services!

I have been in police work for over 30 plus years..I have worked at 3 agencies including an SO agency. Without doubt, a CITY agency is far better for the citizens. The response time is way better, you have open communications to the staff and Chief. The CITY wants to do everything to help the citizens including reducing crime. Also the dispatch center at CITIES are better as there is too much lag time from the 911 dispatch center to the actual dispatcher. With a CITY , the person can be on the phone or next to someone giving the police the information almost immediatly! Keep all your important CITY services. If anything has to be cut look at libraraies, lawn cutting services, and outsource services such as billing services, etc. Good Luck !

Re: Keep CITY Emergency Services!

Quote Originally Posted by FL LEO 2
    I have been in police work for over 30 plus years..I have worked at 3 agencies including an SO agency. Without doubt, a CITY agency is far better for the citizens. The response time is way better, you have open communications to the staff and Chief. The CITY wants to do everything to help the citizens including reducing crime. Also the dispatch center at CITIES are better as there is too much lag time from the 911 dispatch center to the actual dispatcher. With a CITY , the person can be on the phone or next to someone giving the police the information almost immediatly! Keep all your important CITY services. If anything has to be cut look at libraraies, lawn cutting services, and outsource services such as billing services, etc. Good Luck !
    Typical City Councel meeting
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP-n3E43M3Y

This is NOT council this is the police hierarchy. they submitted it to council for review. I pray council is smarter than any of our people

Quote Originally Posted by i smell a rat, actually 2
    you must be kidding, who in their right mind would suggest such a thing? lose our own people for county people? idiocy!!!!!! HCSO would be the worst idea yet.

Just another instance of your admin working for YOU.

That just means god does not love you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast