Bachelor Degree Bonus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bachelor Degree Bonus

Does this only last for a year or anything. Is there a "catch" ??

WILL HAVING OR OBTAINING AN ASSOCIATE OR BACHELOR DEGREE HELP ME?
    Yes! Certified Law Enforcement Officers who have an Associate's Degree earn an additional $30 per month. Those who hold a Bachelor's Degree earn an additional $80 per month. The incentive monies are paid during your entire law enforcement career. Also, preference is given to those who hold at least an associates degree.

The catch is you dont get the pay until about 4 months after you graduate.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Thank you Trooper

So if I spend 20k to get a Bachelors degree, then the state will pay me $2.60 extra every day? At $2.60, it will only take me 20 years to pay off my college loans!!! Such a deal!!! :lol:

yeah and you won't start getting the pay for a couple of years, I had to send my transcripts to tallahassee 3-4 times before they would pay me.......they're really on top of things up there. BTW i have an assc degree and I see $20 amonth for it.....wow , ican't say its worth the trouble. thats a bring home amount of $240 a year.

Send the $240 to me. I'll take it.

Thank you Trooper
    it took 14 moths for me to get mine, fighting with tally about it. then i won and they only retroed 12 mos. i lost two months and back then two months, 160, was my pov gas money

yeah and you won't start getting the pay for a couple of years, I had to send my transcripts to tallahassee 3-4 times before they would pay me.......they're really on top of things up there. BTW i have an assc degree and I see $20 amonth for it.....wow , ican't say its worth the trouble. thats a bring home amount of $240 a year.
    4 times ..ouch

Incentive

Back in ancient times, circa 1978, FHP Troopers could not receive incentive pay because the FDLE said we were not a full service LE agency. I recall a GFC, now FWCC, officer that I spoke to on the side of the road at Flowler Avenue at Nebraska who was receiving it while FHP was not.

The OK came about 1981.

Incentive

Back in ancient times, circa 1978, FHP Troopers could not receive incentive pay because the FDLE said we were not a full service LE agency. I recall a GFC, now FWCC, officer that I spoke to on the side of the road at Flowler Avenue at Nebraska who was receiving it while FHP was not.

The OK came about 1981.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast