Czernis E-Mail - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Czernis E-Mail

The Colonel is coming to Tampa Thursday for a ceremony at the convention center. There are a number of Troopers from C, F, K, and D that will be meeting with him to put him on the spot regarding this. They are pissed off and rightfully so. I expect him to be flanked by his boyz to prevent him from having to speak about this but the ones that are going have nothing to lose and will speak their mind.

I heard the exact same thing here in Bradenton and would be surprised if he even showed. If I was not the only Trooper out in Manatee, I would go too. :shock:

This also makes me mad - we have no coverage, but tampa is inviting everyone to come to this free lunch. As a joke, the day shift is all going - who is going to take the calls since we were invited :?: I'm going just to eat for free, watch the Colonel tap dance around the issues when he is approached, and miss a day off the road in Tampa :!:

Quote Originally Posted by My 2 Cents
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    On Sunday, the House and Senate agreed upon a 5% salary increase for sworn members of the Florida Highway Patrol. This is a major accomplishment during a legislative session challenged by state revenue shortfalls of over $2 billion. It appears that out of the more than 220,000 state employees FHP are the only ones to receive a salary increase this year. Many agencies are dealing with layoffs and severe service reductions. While we will also share in some of the reductions related to vacant positions and reductions in excess salary dollars, we are very fortunate to enjoy this raise. Take pride, this is a great day for the Patrol and a great block to build upon.

The salary increase is the result of many hours of planning, visiting, and teamwork by PBA FHP Chapter represented by Trooper Bill Smith and Sergeant Tim Roufa and their Executive Board, Florida PBA represented by Dave Murrell, Matt Puckett, and Gary Bradford, FAST represented by Drew Medcalf and Tommy Owens, FHP/DHSMV represented by Executive Director Electra Bustle, Colonel John Czernis, and Legislative Liaison Steven Fielder, and the FHPA represented by Major Herb Sheahane. We are also grateful to Senator Mike Fasano, Representative Marcelo Llorente, Representative Dean Cannon and Chairman Ray Sansom and the many legislators who spoke highly of the Patrol and the need to assist us in our recruitment and retention. This also would not have been possible without the support of legislative leadership in Speaker Rubio and President Pruitt.

In addition to this pay increase, we have been working over the last several months on establishing a career path program to include a ranking of trooper, trooper first class, senior trooper and master trooper and some additional opportunities for other ranks as well.

We are thankful to the Governor, the Cabinet, and both the House and the Senate for recognizing the importance of the Florida Highway Patrol and the dedicated service of our members. This salary increase is a poignant statement of their respect and recognition of what you do for Florida’s citizens and visitors. Stepping out and providing a pay raise during a year of reductions and lay-offs for one agency speaks volumes of their respect for us and the work we do! Your professionalism is what enabled our elected officials to make this tough decision and will allow us to continue our progress for next year.

We also need to recognize the hard work performed by our non-sworn members. This legislation presented an opportunity for us to address recruitment and retention issues for our troopers. We will continue in our fight for all members of the Patrol – sworn and non-sworn alike – at every opportunity.

The salary increase is effective on October 1, 2008. We will continue to finalize the career path program and will implement it as soon as practical.

Thank you for your dedication and service to the people of Florida. We are proud of you and your service.

Should you have any questions, please contact me.

Sincerely,

John Czernis

Mr Z

I can see why you are ok with this.

Under the bill you would have only gotten pennies, but now your better off with a 5% retention pay raise.

Correct?

We can figure these things out..

CZERNIS IS A DAMN FOOL....HE HAS ABSOLUTELY NO BALLS TO STAND UP AND SPEAK FOR THE TROOPERS....JOHN CZERNIS IS PLENTY OF A MOTIVATION TO LEAVE TO ANOTHER DEPARTMENT..

ENJOY A RAISE? WHAT ARE YOU F'IN KIDDING ME? 80 CENTS AN HOUR? WHEN I AM PAYING ALMOST 4.00 DOLLARS FOR A GALLON OF GAS?

JOHN CZERNIS CAN GO F HIMSELF FOR ALL I GIVE A CRAP

Col. Z

Do any of ya'll expect any more from him. If you were in his position would you stick your neck out and risk a cush job at six figures. Dont get me wrong I'm not defending the actions or inaction of him. But common sense would tell you that he will be this way until the end of drop. Wish I could be at this meeting.

A MAJOR ACCOPMPLISHMENT WOULD BE TO TAKE THE MONEY NEEDED TO GIVE EVERYONE A 5% RAISE AND JUST GIVE IT TO THE TROOPER,CORPORALS AND SERGEANTS. PROBABLY GET 10% THEN.

I'm sure to get my balls kicked in for saying this, but why are raises always "across the board"? They could freeze or even lower the salary for recruits and troopers with less than 18mo's and give 6 or 7% to sgts and below. Why a raise for ROD guys with 25 or more years? Didn't they get steps in the past and make alot more than most troopers? How about 1 percent for every year of service, up to 10 percent/years? You have to compensate the 6 to 10+ year troopers who are leaving. I know this sounds dangerously close to the mythical step-plan, but why should a 1 year trooper get the same exact raise as a 10 year trooper? Just food for thought, but I'm sure you've all lost your appetite.

Quote Originally Posted by genius
    I'm sure to get my balls kicked in for saying this, but why are raises always "across the board"? They could freeze or even lower the salary for recruits and troopers with less than 18mo's and give 6 or 7% to sgts and below. Why a raise for ROD guys with 25 or more years? Didn't they get steps in the past and make alot more than most troopers? How about 1 percent for every year of service, up to 10 percent/years? You have to compensate the 6 to 10+ year troopers who are leaving. I know this sounds dangerously close to the mythical step-plan, but why should a 1 year trooper get the same exact raise as a 10 year trooper? Just food for thought, but I'm sure you've all lost your appetite.
    Dude, this is the State of Florida and they don't do anything that makes a G.D. bit of sense. Just like they said they couldnt give us a raise because of the budget so we thought of our own way to raise money that didnt involve the budget. They shoot that idea down and give us a raise, as small as it is, from the regular budget. These corrupt, baby eating, moronic legislators have some crazy agenda going on up there that I have yet to figure out. I dont think they even have it figured out.

BUMP

Quote Originally Posted by genius
    All included gets the raise, excluded doesn't. It doesn't get rid of the compression but rather pushes it to the top. In other words those making $60,000. plus gives up their raise so the trooper making $33,000. can eat. Management making $60,000 to $100,000. plus doesn't need a raise like the starving trooper!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast