jay smith - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: jay smith

jay

Put yourself in the shoes of Jay. When he left patrol ten or so years ago it meant something to be a Fort Lauderdale cop. He once left the Department and was hired by the Secret Service and came back. Why? The same reasons others left only to return. Despite City Hall, we were the team everyone wanted to be on. Half of all the academy classes were taught by cops who were experts in their fields and developed their skills as Fort Lauderdale cops. Supervisor took care of their workers and officers took pride in themselves. People rarely left.

Jay returned to patrol oblivious to the transformation that had occurred. He came back to a dysfunctional agency with serious leadership problems. Patrol was replaced with a group of new oficers who only new the White Plains way of doing business. A law enforcement agency that aspires for mediocracy. Wouldn't you be angry?

Jay's a great guy and I doubt he has any credibility issues. Unfortunatly, if you knock the agency your a malcontent, whiner or complainer. Stick to your guns Jay,...... you'll be in operations til you retire but you have your dignity.

Re: not

hey Lt., or capt. , or major, or what ever your rank is. I was standing next to Jay at the Boat Show protest when the so called incident occured, here are the facts. As we marched many of us being there after giving up our $$$$details to do so walked by several of our brothers at FLPD officers during the course of this exchanged several friendly jestures of spite. I

t was only when one of the officers working the detail pulled out a wad of cash and taunted him and asked him what his rate of pay was. This officer was only kidding with Jay and Jay was ok with it. But Jay then sarcastically and rudely thanked this officer for his union support and unity and then began to question him if he was going to finally pay into the legal defense fund for one of our officers facing jail time for a traffic homicide.

There were plenty of officers who had commitments to work details and that is understandable, but many of those detail were less binding and could have gone uncovered. Many officers chose not to protest but rather make their detail money, lets not lose sight of that. Many of the officers protesting gave up details to support their union. Personally every officer should have bailed on every detail that day and protested and let the city order pepole in to work. In any other labor union guys who volunteered to work while others protested would be Scabs, thats is the real fact. I was walking with Jay that day and he never called any detail officer a scab although he did point out the reality and that was embarassing for a few detail officers. Jay, has gained quiet a following since he has been back to patrol and support him

Quote Originally Posted by not him
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Jay's a great guy and I doubt he has any credibility issues. Unfortunatly, if you knock the agency your a malcontent, whiner or complainer. Stick to your guns Jay,...... you'll be in operations til you retire but you have your dignity.
    Yea dignity calling other guys scabs while they are working. Now thats a stand up guy.

Here is what happened, and I can't believe I'm going to defend Jay, because I'm not really a fan of his antics but I am a friend. Keep in mind I'm one of the detail guys who he had an exchange with. We all know Jay is very outspoken and usually obnixious. He said some smart comment to few guys thanking them for comming out and helping, those guys were his friends and most got the joke, I guess a cry baby or two didn't. Jay never called me a scab, but you know what I was a scab that day. I was so pissed that I chose to work when I saw my brother union members protesting. I could have not showed up, it would have pissed a few people of rank off but I should have. Many of us should have and many of us were pissed that day and embarassed we didn't protest. Jay, like always was outspoken and emotional that day, but he does have balls and that upsets many of the bosses at FLPD because so many are lacking any. keep fighting Jay we all know your heart is in the right place....

We are policeman, who ever is whining about being called a name is embarassing us all at FLPD. What a vag. man can you please grow a pair. and I doubt Jay said that, i'm sure he said something but who cares, I just called you a vag. now cry about that

well put...

Quote Originally Posted by cry baby
    We are policeman, who ever is whining about being called a name is embarassing us all at FLPD. What a vag. man can you please grow a pair. and I doubt Jay said that, i'm sure he said something but who cares, I just called you a vag. now cry about that

Jay, thank you for your outspokeness, during times like this we all need to hear there is still some fight left in a few...

First off Jay's antics were a little out spoken, but he shows deep passion for the FLPD union and getting the best contract. We all need to be passionate and outspoken during these times. We are going through difficult times, and we need to band together and stay strong. Our union needs to be solid and not have any leaks, which it does. We need to take control of the city and the union. We should not have any rogue unions members doing there own thing, we should be doing bare minimum since its not safe anymore. Why does it always take a tragedy to pull us together. We need to join together and be stronger than we have every been before. I defend Jay, and I will defend any union member that is passionate to defend the union and the members.

We need to stop writing on this website, and showing everyone that we have differences between members. This union meeting that is coming, we need to unite the union and stay strong, and say no to the city.

Stay safe, and remember we need to unite the brotherhood, they cant stop us if we are all together.

[quote=in the know]hey Lt., or capt. , or major, or what ever your rank is. I was standing next to Jay at the Boat Show protest when the so called incident occured, here are the facts. As we marched many of us being there after giving up our $$$$details to do so walked by several of our brothers at FLPD officers during the course of this exchanged several friendly jestures of spite. I

t was only when one of the officers working the detail pulled out a wad of cash and taunted him and asked him what his rate of pay was. This officer was only kidding with Jay and Jay was ok with it. But Jay then sarcastically and rudely thanked this officer for his union support and unity and then began to question him if he was going to finally pay into the legal defense fund for one of our officers facing jail time for a traffic homicide.

Sounds good, Jay seems like a nice guy to me have only talked to him once did not appear to be a jerk at all. Your all right if you are tuff enough to call someone out on here by name then say who you are as well !!! Otherwise you are a f**king Punk !!!!

There were plenty of officers who had commitments to work details and that is understandable, but many of those detail were less binding and could have gone uncovered. Many officers chose not to protest but rather make their detail money, lets not lose sight of that. Many of the officers protesting gave up details to support their union. Personally every officer should have bailed on every detail that day and protested and let the city order pepole in to work. In any other labor union guys who volunteered to work while others protested would be Scabs, thats is the real fact. I was walking with Jay that day and he never called any detail officer a scab although he did point out the reality and that was embarassing for a few detail officers. Jay, has gained quiet a following since he has been back to patrol and support him

Quote Originally Posted by "not him":32m5827x
    Yea dignity calling other guys scabs while they are working. Now thats a stand up guy.
    [/quote:32m5827x]

Quote Originally Posted by not him
    Working a CITY DETAIL instead of picketing,... they are scabs unless ordered to be there.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast