LCSO / FMPD

Thread: LCSO / FMPD

LCSO / FMPD

questions. Im not used to sheriff departments working the road where i am from. Do both departments get along? Is one higher on the totem pole than the other or is it just a jurisdiction thing. Do both have the same perks and working conditions? Not looking to start a bash session or who is better than who, just curious as to the difference between the sheriffs department and the police department. where i come from the sheriffs departments runs the jail and serves court papers, they dont do any type of law enforcement on the road, thanks,

P.S. I will say that FMPD has more impressive patrol vehicles, those black and whites look awesome and compared to the sheriffs, they look even better!

difference is really just jurisdiction. LCSO provides road patrol to the whole county except where there is a city police department, liek fort myers, sanibel, and cape coral. You will see sheriffs cars in there, especialyl the city cause they like to poach, but its just a jurisdiction thing. Deputies and Police Officers have the same cert. and same powers. I agree the black and whites look awesome, but they still have way more ole' blue n whites around but i cant blame them it would not be cost effective to repaint all those cars.

Benefits

Look at their benefit packages... that alone is worth going to the SO. I paid big buck for insurance and pension while I was there. Much happier at the SO. Big changes coming up for the City - not sure if good or bad - can't get much worse. Good Luck.