Rebuttal-Standing ground

Your use of a large font has convinced me of the error of my ways. What was I thinking?

You also composed a well thought out and logical response to my earlier assertions.

Thank you for showing me the way, oh wiseman.

I now know I should vote yes........................... ah but fuc%it, I'M STILL VOTING NO!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wiseman,

thanks for explaining. Im now voting yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Your use of a large font has convinced me of the error of my ways. What was I thinking?

You also composed a well thought out and logical response to my earlier assertions.

Thank you for showing me the way, oh wiseman.

I now know I should vote yes........................... ah but fuc%it, I'M STILL VOTING NO!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Guess your from the "pay back's a *****" school of thought.

Vote no,eres tremendo sapingo.
    So you like to play revenge games like a child? May the good lord bring you double of what you wish for us who need the extended DROP!

25 years and then you'll DROP? You need to go see Axelberg!

So, Mr Wiseman, the 15 year veteran, let me paint you a scenario:

1. You have 15 years on the Department and say you are an Officer, Sergeant, or maybe even a Lieutenant.

2. You have 7 Years until you reach your points, or the point you plan on leaving.

3. This MOU carries you through till October, 2009. We can even assume it gets extended for another multi-year contract.

4. The pension stabilizes.

5. A large group of Sergeants, Lt's and above drop in January, 2009 making 2008 their highest paid year.

In this scenario, you will have a very limited possibility of being promoted because the officers in the drop will be leaving and creating the promotional vacancies, right at the same time YOU will be entering the drop.

Maybe you are able to sneak in one promotion, but definitely not more than that. Now you are forced to stay an additional 2 years to get the full benefit of your promotion.

On the other hand, if the drop continues to be 4 years, and everyone still drops in January, that almost doubles your opportunity to get promoted before you are eligible for the drop.

3 years of drop money cannot match 15-30% or more for the REST of your life.

Please try to convince me again how this benefits those waiting to get promoted, if there are few promotional vacancies for the next 7-9 years?

Just wondering.......

dummies

The same thing was said about promotions when we first got the drop, it didnt make much difference then it wont now. Only a handful of sergeants and lt's on the list. Most people will still never see the full seven year just as few have seen four years or for that matter even two years.

It is very simple, the stupid people will vote no

VOTE NO

You want to be convinced? You say that 3 more yrs on the DROP wont make up for 15 or 30% more for the rest of your life?
    What math are you doing?
    Even if you were to be promoted,non stop,that extra 3yrs represents at a minimum,over 200k!!!
    How do u figure to make more than that after you retire? Do u think u will live 20 or more yrs after u retire??????? Not a chance bro.
    Take the extended DROP and see your money grow crazy while the old guys get their measely pension. Dont believe me? Talk to retired guys who are gone!