Ways to save money - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

lol, good come back

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    City workers with take homes, excluding police and fire, should not be allowed to use the vehicle for personal grocery shopping taking kids to school etc. This happens every where. Police and fire need to always be available, but other city workers do not. Those personnel should not even have a take home. Some live in rural areas and should use thier personal vehicles to and from work. The city would better be able to budget for emergency services when needed. Atleast for the time being until gas prices can go down some. You need the police and fire if no one else wants to come to work as a result oh well to them. Plenty of people need jobs out there.
    I agree EXCEPT even LE and FD should not use them for personal use as grocery shopping etc. Just to and from work.

I agree for the FD. But the more police cars moving around the better we all are.

Its been proven that seeing police cars does reduce crime. So with the economy going south there will be more crime. So trying to save a dollar by not allowing police to drive their cars is not worth being the victim of a crime. I say drive them but of course that is for just for those who live in the City.

Not sure we want to be flagged down for a S4 or something more consuming while are milk is getting warm in the car.... To from work is fine or any work related errands such as drop off dry cleaning and so on. Any more than that would be more of a potential hassel than benefit.

I agree for the FD. But the more police cars moving around the better we all are.

Its been proven that seeing police cars does reduce crime. So with the economy going south there will be more crime. So trying to save a dollar by not allowing police to drive their cars is not worth being the victim of a crime. I say drive them but of course that is for just for those who live in the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Ummm
    Not sure we want to be flagged down for a S4 or something more consuming while are milk is getting warm in the car.... To from work is fine or any work related errands such as drop off dry cleaning and so on. Any more than that would be more of a potential hassel than benefit.

drop off dry cleaning??? at the station?

City workers with take homes, excluding police and fire, should not be allowed to use the vehicle for personal grocery shopping taking kids to school etc. This happens every where. Police and fire need to always be available, but other city workers do not. Those personnel should not even have a take home. Some live in rural areas and should use thier personal vehicles to and from work. The city would better be able to budget for emergency services when needed. Atleast for the time being until gas prices can go down some. You need the police and fire if no one else wants to come to work as a result oh well to them. Plenty of people need jobs out there.
    :idea: Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I work in Broward and our city just voted to have all city officials and managers that have personal use vehicles start paying for personal us (still pennies on the $) but its a start. Our city manager that gave us 80% at 20 years! Piped up and stated "Police and Fire are not included due to their collective agreements are strict enough". I have to say that was a surprise, but maybe someone could drop that hint to Bradenton to free up some $$$ to pay the COPS and FF's. :idea:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678